Did you mean: 

Can't receive calls or texts since port

Ar22
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi All,

My number ported over from three on Monday 5th June. The number in my o2 is correct, I can use data and make calls. However, I can't receive any text messages and I can only receive calls from people on o2. When anyone from another network tries to call me they get a message stating that the number is not recognised.

I contacted the o2 social media team who checked with the porting team. The porting have said everything with the port looks correct and that everything has come over from three ok. They are now stating that they will check with the network team who will be in touch within 5 working days but I am worried this won't be sorted . If the port had come through correctly I'm not sure what else would be causing the issue. I have done all the usual restarting the phone and resetting network settings.

I've read a number of other posts on here with people who have had the same issue with ports from three seemingly being a common factor recently

Can someone from the o2 team please look into this and chase this up? @O2Sarah- 

Thanks

Message 1 of 17
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ar22
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Update - Finally a stressful 2 weeks after my port date this has now been resolved and I can now receive calls 🙏 Thank you to the O2 team in here for their help

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

O2Sarah-
Former Staff
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @Ar22 

@O2Emma Would you mind picking this up please ? 

Message 2 of 17

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @O2Sarah- I will pick this up thanks @Ar22 I will send you a private message to look into this for you.

signature
Message 3 of 17

Desiree12
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I’ve got the same issue here, my number ported over from three on 9th June. The number in o2 is correct, I can use data and make calls, but am unable to receive any text messages and calls, including 2FA texts from banking apps. When anyone from another network tries to call me they get a message stating that the number is not recognised.

Please could you advise @O2Emma @O2Sarah- ? Thank you so much!

Message 4 of 17

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @Desiree12 

I will send you a private message so we can look into this. 

Message 5 of 17

nadineat92
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I am experiencing the same issue having changed from EE to O2 last week, half my calls and texts are coming through on one sim and half on another! 

If you get any resolution for the issue are you able to update how you did so as I'm not having any luck :(:(! 

Message 6 of 17

AnnaBanana
  • 19 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Whilst I'm PAYG I'm having the same issue 😞 contacted via Twitter and was told "We can see the port has completed but as there is an issue, we've now raised this with or porting team. We'll come back to you ASAP once we have further information from them. We appreciate your patience. Have you got the PAC code still as this may help?" so I've shared the PAC again.

Asked if there's a timeframe for resolution and they said not 😞 so who knows how long I'll be in this position. Not feeling good about it!

Message 7 of 17

Ar22
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Update - Finally a stressful 2 weeks after my port date this has now been resolved and I can now receive calls 🙏 Thank you to the O2 team in here for their help

Message 8 of 17

SAS586
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've been unable to receive calls or texts since I ported my number over a week ago. Spoke to customer services who promised me the issue would be resolved after 4 hours, I've been lied to each and every time.

I've had to explain to them that I have very ill elderly parents who are extremely vulnerable and need to get in touch with me for emergencies. This is turning into an absolute nightmare. Can anyone help me with this?

Message 9 of 17

AnnaBanana
  • 19 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

What day and time did you complete the form to switch?

Message 10 of 17