cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling a ship in an emergency...

Anonymous
Not applicable

...£47.56 for a 7 minute call now showing in my 'pending billing' O2 screen.

Had to call my parents on their ship (Costa Luminosa) after they were robbed in Marseille yesterday. Thieves took their phone and injured my mother so made a quick call to the ship to help cancel their phone and make sure they were OK.

O2 call charges screen shows costs to ships as 'Unavailable' so wasn't able to check in advance. I knew it was likely to be a costly call but - nearly £7 per minute - really?!

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you - yes - I'm writing an email as we speak, although not the route I expected to go. Representative clarified that the call charge was correct but made no comment as to its high level, instead recommending the calling card route I mentioned previously and ignoring my commentary about the lack of information on the website.
Message 11 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hope you find a reasonable resolution.

Could you keep us in the loop.
Message 12 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

I will do that, thank you slight_smile

Message 13 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
Very welcome.

Glad your parents are safe.

slight_smile
Message 14 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's a terrible outcome from customer services how can they confirm the call charge is correct if it's jot listed yes please let us know how you get on and good luck slight_smile
Message 15 of 31

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Anonymous this is just the same poor website information no business contract holder can check calls from uk to abroad (any country) as there is no info on the website I have flagged to @Toby and I am in conversation with @o2 on twitter regarding this thread to hopefully get the info amended and the op given correct information

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 16 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nice one @adamtemp64 it certainly needs doing
Message 17 of 31

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
I would imagine that as this is a very rare query that few customer service agents would have the knowledge to answer it., especially as there is no reference online that can be looked up.

The website needs to be overhauled and the support pages for customers are at the moment not sufficient or up to date.
Message 18 of 31

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@jonsie agreed if you need to know in advance of call costs I thought it was an ofcom regulation or guideance that they must be published and whilst a rare one I know plusnet and bt have them on there websites as I checked earlier.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 19 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
Rare one or not if it can be dialled from an O2 phone the price should be displayed someone in O2 knows it otherwise they wouldn't be able to charge so it should be published
Message 20 of 31