Did you mean: 

Broken Bills

JSH2644
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I apologise if what I'm about to write doesn't make sense but I'm very confused about my bills.

I've been with O2 since 2020 and haven't had a problem with my bills. However, since the 20th of December I've had problems. I had 2 device plans and an airtime plan to pay but couldn't afford on that date. Only one of the payments came out and the other two didn't. I tried paying the missed payments a few days later but that's when I discovered the problem. My O2 account wasn't showing any owed money and all three bills said paid. I logged on to a different device just to check and I managed to get a second payment to show and paid it. However, no matter what I did I couldn't get the last payment so I just paid the exact amount into my account as it said that any arrears would be paid if I did that. 

I then assumed this had worked as I didn't have any problems until I wanted to pay off my iPad and get a Meta Quest 3 on the 17th of January. I tried ordering the Quest but I couldn't as it said I had an outstanding balance. When I checked my bills I realised the £37.05 I paid into my account hadn't paid the arrears and was coming off this months bill instead. I planned to ask about it yesterday when I called to pay my iPad off but forgot after 1 hour 40 minutes of being passed around about my iPad. I asked an online agent and they said they can see I owe the £37.05 but I still couldn't see it on my end. This months bill was due today and I again couldn't afford to pay. My O2 account is once again showing paid but I haven't. So I looked at my bills closely and I think they are totally broken. It is still showing a S21 Ultra that I upgraded from in November, my iPad which I paid off yesterday and my new Pixel 8 Pro. They all say "closed" next to them and £0 left to pay. That makes sense for the S21 Ultra but not the other 2 as the iPad wasn't paid when the bill was made and my Pixel 8 Pro certainly isn't.

I should also add that I was moved to the new billing system on the 12th of December so maybe this broke something.

I'm going to call tomorrow and pay everything I owe and change my bill date so I no longer miss payments.

If anyone here knows how to fix this I would appreciate it but I'm really only posting this to report it and to maybe help anyone else with the same problem. Also sorry for the long wall of text.

Jamie.

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144434 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@JSH2644 

Only O2 can help.

You can get in touch with Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217 who’ll find a solution that’s right for you.
Payment Management opening hours:
Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm
Saturday – 8am to 6pm
Sunday – 9am to 6pm

Get a transaction ID from your bank if there are any payments missing at O2's end.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144434 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@JSH2644 

Only O2 can help.

You can get in touch with Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217 who’ll find a solution that’s right for you.
Payment Management opening hours:
Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm
Saturday – 8am to 6pm
Sunday – 9am to 6pm

Get a transaction ID from your bank if there are any payments missing at O2's end.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2