cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billed with unused insurance

Anonymous
Not applicable

I made a claim which was canceled same day, received email from o2 about canceling my request so all looked great until I received bill from o2 with charge £25 for insurance. Direct debit been set up so o2 will get money straight away. Contract is due 5 december 2013 so have the dilema to wait if they notice extra charge a give credit to new contract or call them to point the charge? Give them try?

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23184 Posts
  • 1028 Topics
  • 3688 Solutions

A computer took your money. It isn't aware of what has or hasn't happened. You need to call Customer Service and get them to tell the computer to give you your money back. It's not their money. Why should the money be in O2's account earning interest instead of in your account?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Bambino
  • 23184 Posts
  • 1028 Topics
  • 3688 Solutions

Call and have your money refunded. You have an email as proof of the cancellation. Why should they have your money?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
That is the question. I don't afraid to get them just want to know if they realise what happened or I give them push...
Message 3 of 9

Bambino
  • 23184 Posts
  • 1028 Topics
  • 3688 Solutions

A computer took your money. It isn't aware of what has or hasn't happened. You need to call Customer Service and get them to tell the computer to give you your money back. It's not their money. Why should the money be in O2's account earning interest instead of in your account?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
So I'll give them friendly call as they probably missed me since my last....
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, after call on CS who is asking every time different security question and chat with Vinis I have investigated that Insurance which I asked for 24/10/13 and canceled 24/10/13 was not cancel in o2 system. So they got my £25 and I got nothing. Just calling them again. What does it mean? NEVER EVER LEAVE IT ON THEM...
Message 6 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144860 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
I'd never rely on live chat for this type of thing - Always call and speak to an operator.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
This time I was lucky, that guy on chat told me more then unfriendly guy on CS...
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

After 30 min call with MONIQUE from South Africa with very nice accent I 'm sorted. In those 30 min she was mostly talking to insurance company. They accept their fault and I will receive refund in (now read carefully) next 3 months, they hope that I forget or so? Not only that insurance company charge you and send used handset, but also charge and not send anything. O2 choose wrong partners to do business with and make bad look on them too.

Message 9 of 9