cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEWARE O2 MyTravel Nasty Trick!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well well well, what a surprise, o2 screwing over and over charging their customers again.

I thought the MyTravel bolt on was a great idea. Land in the country where I am holidaying (Turkey) and pay only £3.99 a day when I use data!

So I land in the morning of Sat 30th July and use my data to check emails, social
Media and use whatsapp.

I get to my hotel in the evening of Sat, 30th July and send a text to turn off o2 MyTravel as I don't need it anymore as I'm going to use a Turkish SIM card for the 2 weeks I'm here, all good right?

Wrong!

Get an email from o2 saying I've used £120.40 in data charges. SAY WHAT!?

Because I turned off MyTravel that same evening, I am being charged for the data I used that morning at the standard o2 roaming rates!

The live chat help was useless as per usual, and we all know how impossible it is to get hold of o2 on the phone when on holiday.

I'm hoping an o2 member of staff sees this and tries to help me rather than just quote nonsense at me like their crappy LiveChat did.

I await a response.

Moral of this story, o2 will take any chance to grab as much of your money as they can!

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
With an issue like this it is best to call O2 customer services rather than use live chat. Unfortunately you won't get any answer from O2 on this forum as it is a customer to customer forum.

However it looks like the system has updated and removed the travel on the day you used it rather than the time you stopped it.

A call to CS should be able to assist on this one though as they should be able to see the time you text to turn it off.
Message 2 of 37

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145114 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27833 Solutions
Sneaky one that and one to be made aware of - thanks for posting.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 3 of 37

Cleoriff
  • 123405 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Good god. I bet that was a real shock. As said only CS can resolve this for you so contact them asap....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 37

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
I guess it's because everything updates on the O2 system at 24:00 hours and at that point MyTravel was off?
"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 5 of 37

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Check your bill for any mention of the flat fee. If they charged it, they cannot charge you anything else as you'd already paid for that period
Message 6 of 37

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Also where is the fixed data cap of £40 regardless of o2 travel

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 7 of 37

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Something seriously wrong with all aspects of this. I wonder if @Toby or @Anonymous can help?

Message 8 of 37

MI5
  • 145114 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27833 Solutions
I guess the data cap didn't kick in as it was on travel tariff at the time, then once cancelled it calculated the entire cost of the data used as it couldn't be capped retrospectively.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 9 of 37

MI5
  • 145114 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27833 Solutions
Oh, just a small point, but Turkey is £4.99 a day, I think.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 10 of 37