Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Ultra Cellular Activation

Tobias1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, 

I have a pay monthly SIM only plan with O2 (30GB data, unlimited texts & minutes). I use the SIM in an iPhone 14 Pro Max that I bought from the Apple Store Online.

I recently bought an Apple Watch Ultra from the Apple Store Online. I would like to add the Watch Airtime plan for £5 a month to activate the cellular function of the Apple Watch. 

When I try to do this using the 'Set Up Mobile Plan' in the Apple Watch App on my iPhone I receive the following O2 error message:

"Oops, something went wrong. Try again and if the problem continues call 202 for free from your O2 mobile, quoting reference code 106".

I have contacted O2 customer services, the technical team, the retentions team and the sales team. Each person either suggests another team needs to speak to me or that the only way to activate cellular is to buy the watch directly from O2. I don't believe this to be the case as the Watch Help page here:  Apple Watch | Help & Support | O2 suggests that I should be able to buy an Airtime plan on an Apple Watch I already own.

It would seem strange that the cellular function on an Apple Watch cannot be used unless bought directly from the network provider. Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10421 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3054 Solutions

@Tobias1 

No you can activate an Apple purchased device on o2, or any network, the only condition is your phone and watch must be on the same network. 

If you cant do this in the App, then the only people who can do it is Customer Services, I would HUCA. 

But it can be done. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 13

Tobias1
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks madasaf1sh - I will keep trying with customer services. If anyone has any other ideas that would be much appreciated.

Message 3 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146012 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28090 Solutions

@Tobias1 

Many have similar problems so I'll tag @O2Lisa to help in the morning.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 13

O2Lisa
Former Staff
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning all. Thanks for the tag @MI5 😊

@Tobias1 I’ll message you privately and look in to this for you. 

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 13

mosie
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Lisa and @Tobias1 I have the same issue and customer service couldn’t help - did you find a solution you could share with me please?

Message 6 of 13

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12223 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1135 Solutions

And another Apple watch issue @O2Ryan and @O2Sarah - can you please get in touch with @mosie ?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 7 of 13

mosie
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you so much @gmarkj I could really do with the help please @O2Ryan and @O2Sarah 

Message 8 of 13

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12223 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1135 Solutions

I'll mention the two advisors on duty this morning @mosie as there was nothing yesterday.

Can you try and help please @O2Georgina @O2Sarah ?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 9 of 13

O2Ryan
Former Staff
  • 146 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thanks @gmarkj ill send a private message over now.

signature
Message 10 of 13