Did you mean: 

Account holder

Rosinna
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there

I want to change the account holder details please. I am the account holder but the phone is my grandaughters. I want to change it to her details so she is contacted regarding bills etc. thank you

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36113 Posts
  • 229 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

If you wish to move an entire contract from you to your granddaughter, this is not possible - your granddaughter would need to go through a full credit check on the next upgrade, at which time you can transfer your number to her new contract Guide: Migration & porting into O2  explains some of the rules. Guide: Upgrading Your O2 Phone will incur a charge if you are still within your previous contract windows (usually anything up to 36months with O2). Note you will no longer be legally responsible or mentioned in the documents for any spend on the new phone in your granddaughter's name - and if your current phone is paid by direct debit, that will end and your granddaughter will take on the direct debit from her bank account. Good luck @Rosinna.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36113 Posts
  • 229 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

If you wish to move an entire contract from you to your granddaughter, this is not possible - your granddaughter would need to go through a full credit check on the next upgrade, at which time you can transfer your number to her new contract Guide: Migration & porting into O2  explains some of the rules. Guide: Upgrading Your O2 Phone will incur a charge if you are still within your previous contract windows (usually anything up to 36months with O2). Note you will no longer be legally responsible or mentioned in the documents for any spend on the new phone in your granddaughter's name - and if your current phone is paid by direct debit, that will end and your granddaughter will take on the direct debit from her bank account. Good luck @Rosinna.

Message 2 of 2