cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account disconnected - termination charge of 700, credit applied post bill. Will credit be applied?

Jo-B
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello

I had a nightmare situation with O2 mistakenly putting me on a 2 year contract. I was on a rolling monthly after I have paid off my device plan in 2022, but recently due to a mistake, they have signed me up to a new contract ending in 2025. They have admitted their mistake.

I have a 700 bill to be paid by next monday. O2 have credited my account as a refund but because this was done after the bill generated, it will have to be applied on the next billing date (end of July). 

I am slightly worried as technically the bill to be paid on Monday is my final bill and account is disconnected.

Retention team have advised me that it is likely that the credit may not be applied as a new bill will not be generated at the end of July, as I have already received my final bill.

Customer service disagree and say that since the credit is already on the account, it will definitely generate at the end of July and that this credit will cancel out the 700 charge.

Which one is correct? Iv raised a complaint regarding this but unlikely to get a meaningful response before the payment date. I dont want me cancelling my direct debit and having bad credit in case the Credit cannot in fact be generated.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145090 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@Jo-B 

Check your account under recent charges for the credit.

Follow this guide to the end then look at the left side pane Guide: How do I get to the 'Download Bill' page? 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 5

Jo-B
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for the quick response.

When I log in, the bills and accounts do not show up at all like in the link. It says you don't have any products or services on this account. I am 100% that this is the account as I have only ever had one number and one email registered to my O2 for any years.

When terminating, I moved my number over to O2 pay as you go, before then moving to a different network a week later. I think my bills should still show up though!

I have email confirmations that there is a 700 credit that will be applied at the end of July so hopefully it should be ok? I am a bit scared about credit rating if I cancel my direct debit as the payment will then be later for 16 days before credit is applied. 

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145090 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@O2Georgina 

can you check for @Jo-B please?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 4 of 5

O2Georgina
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

@MI5  Thankyou for the tag

@Jo-B  I will send you a private message now

signature
Message 5 of 5