cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abroad and phone won't recieve texts

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am currently in China and whilst I received my "welcome to china" roaming text and my phone appears to be sending text messages it will not receive any text messages (have had some test ones sent). Any ideas why this is?

Have a dual sim card phone so my plan was to keep my UK sim active whilst using Chinese Sim as primary. However not getting my chinese number till next week so having to use whatsapp/viber (no issues) on wifi but that's no good for when I'm out of wifi reach or if local numbers are messaging me. Text Messages aren't even coming through on Tugo if I connect to that via wifi. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
I would suspect tugo is causing you the issue.
Try signing out of tugo and see if the texts come into the phone normally.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Also try to delete and reinstall TuGo. Known to cure a number of issues....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tried that and it won't work.... very annoying as all my security codes (back-up) get text to my UK number..gradually getting locked out of sites because every time they detect a log on in China they lock me out for security reasons. 

Message 4 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous We have a very experienced user of TuGo @jonsie. who spends a grreat deal of time in Thailand using this app.; He isn't online now but will be later this morning. I have mentioned him in this post so he will be along to advise shortly (I hope) wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 6

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

For your text messages, try connecting onto a different network to see if that helps. There are many limitations on wifi in China at the moment and I think VOIP is one of them. Maybe you can check locally?

Message 6 of 6