Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

17% price hike in the 3rd month of a 24 month contract

Mart_W
Level 1: Joiner
  • 17 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

How does O2 justify a 17.3% price hike in the 3rd month of a 24-month contract? Especially when their service coverage is still the worst of the providers.

What is the customer service contact number? I need to get this price hike reduced to something that is justifiable and which reflects O2's continued failings with regard to their network coverage and download speed (it's not actually 5G in most areas is it!).

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10286 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3023 Solutions

@Mart_W 

Because you signed a contract which states that in April it will be increased by CPI+3.9%  (It says so on the web page when you order) and you did read the T&C's I am assuming not!!

You read and agreed to these terms, and have no comeback I am afraid, and to be fair the change was made 5 MONTHS ago... 

Your only option is to move to another network, by paying off your current contract.. 

You seem to always point the same rant... 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 10

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36456 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1621 Solutions

It is what you signed up for, @Mart_W - https://www.o2.co.uk/prices

As for justification, well, a high inflation rate in March and a base 3.9% rise yearly stack up. VM also using the same criteria from this year, other vendors are a little less, but RPI is a government-provided figure. Only way around it is a 12 month SIM only contract that renews every April, more data same or less price, usually, if you search Uswitch.

Message 3 of 10

Mart_W
  • 17 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2 are free to increase the prices by less; this is their choice. Their service levels do not justify the increase. I'm entitled to view O2's price gouging with contempt, as are any of their customers. I will not be making the same mistake of ever trusting O2 again. I have been a fairly loyal customer over the years. But never again. Really poor network coverage and speeds, despite living and working in the Midlands and offensive levels of price increase. As a customer, I'm angry.

Message 4 of 10

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12143 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1128 Solutions

The yearly price increase is something that is laid out in the terms and conditions of the contract @Mart_W and is mentioned every year on the community.

Google search: o2 community & price increase 

As for contacting o2, you can call 202 from a pay monthly phone, or 0344 809 0202 from another phone.

If your phone is not working, then use Skype and call 0800 902 0217.

Guide here Guide: A Guide to Skype

Finally try messaging on social media:

Facebook ( https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter ( https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram ( https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

Best time to call is 8am.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 10

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6784 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1519 Solutions

@Mart_W Forget the loyal customer thing. Loyalty may be something you give to your local shop when you are pally with the owner, if is never something you should give to a large Capitalist conglomerate who puts shareholders and bonus payment above the average customer. You are just one of 30 million subscribers and should you go you will be replaced in minutes.

Learn to play the system. I have more data and am paying less that I did over 5 years ago, simply because I don't buy into the loyal customer syndrome

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 6 of 10

Mart_W
  • 17 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Madasafish, I post the same rant? Why shouldn't I complain about O2's failings? I'm a paying customer; I have every right to complain about O2 and their substandard service and their price gouging. Why would you want to defend that?

Also, I've not been here for some time and this is the first time I've complained about O2's offensive price increases. I'm angry at O2, as a customer I want them to know that and it's right that we do let them know. This is nothing more than profiteering.

Message 7 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23208 Posts
  • 1029 Topics
  • 3690 Solutions

@Mart_W The annual price increase isn't specific to O2. All the networks do it. You wouldn't escape it by changing providers.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 10

PeteTheDragon
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well that's not quite true. Tesco Mobile don't rise prices while on contract

Message 9 of 10

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10286 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3023 Solutions

Not quite true either @PeteTheDragon  Tesco do have price rises, if you do not have or want club card prices aka data mining pricing.. 

madasaf1sh_0-1694451116039.png

Source: https://www.tescomobile.com/shop/apple/iphone-14 *scroll to the bottom*

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 10 of 10