cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6 Contract Prices

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know if O2 will release any 3G only prices?

I only ask as the website seems to list 4G contract prices but, other operators, such as Vodafone offer prices for 3G and prcies for 4G. 3G being cheaper obviously.

For me, I really don't need a 4G plan as, I don't even get 3G on O2 where I live and don't go into Manchester enough to make use of the (nearest) 4G coverage there.

Also, just noticed, if you wanted (for example) to buy the 6 plus 128gb unlocked direct from apple the price is £789. On O2, the cash price for the same phone is £879. Is there a reason for the £100 premium to buy it from O2?

Im now tempted to buy the phone un-locked and carry on with my current sim-only deal.

Sorry in advance if I am missing something glaringly obvious!

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144383 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
O2 don't sell them directly on contracts anymore (I don't think anyway). You'd have to go to CPW to get a 3g only contract although O2 are still doing sim only deals with 3g data.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144383 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
O2 don't sell them directly on contracts anymore (I don't think anyway). You'd have to go to CPW to get a 3g only contract although O2 are still doing sim only deals with 3g data.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2