Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family Member Needs New Phone As Current One Is Broken

JPWPhoenix
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me, please?

I've been trying to help my elderly Mum buy a new PAYG phone on here, as her current one seems to have broken (the display is completely white with lines going down it!). She's picked one she likes and I started going through the purchase. However, when I tried to register her on the O2 website as a current customer, it says she needs to put in her current number so she can get texted a verification code. Obviously, as I can't see what's on her screen, we've hit a snag and so I haven't taken the process any further.

I think she'd like to try and keep the current phone number and credit, if possible, otherwise I'd just start from scratch and register her as a completely-new customer. So, can anyone please help? It'd be good if we can sort this out soon, as obviously she's without a working phone at the moment.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144790 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions

@JPWPhoenix 

Just start from scratch then put her current sim in the new phone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144790 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions

@JPWPhoenix 

Just start from scratch then put her current sim in the new phone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23174 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3688 Solutions

@JPWPhoenix You can buy a phone from anywhere, probably cheaper than you can buy one from O2, and just put the sim you have in it. Take a look on Amazon or Google the phone you're interested in.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 3