cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 "out of credit" texts waking me up in the middle of the night!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Last month I asked via Web chat for o2 to stop sending me texts in the middle of the night (03:38 last month) to tell me that I'm "out of credit." I was told that it was not a problem and they would switch this function/facility off. Guess what?...... this month they sent me the same text at 02:24, 05:38, 08:35, 09:53, 11:13, 11:14,17:16,18:31, 18:47 and 19:41 - TEN TIMES including being woken up in the middle of the night twice!!! Are they taking the mick??? Particularly on the back of the fact that when I DO want to know my balance the text service hasn't been working for at least 10 days now!!!! 

I tried turning my phone volume down after the first text this month (at 2:24); sadly the second text still woke me at 05:38. Ironically my alarm then didn't wake me at 06:30, probably because I was so shattered after being awake for a chunk of the night (I don't sleep well and struggle to get back to sleep once woken). I was then late for work.

Please do not suggest that I turn my phone off at night. I have elderly parents aged 80 & 83 - I need them to be able to contact me. The whole point of me having a mobile is so that I am contactable all the time.  

Can anybody suggest how I get O2 to stop sending these texts? I am sure O2 won't bother to read this, so as usual I am relying on fellow customers to tell me what worked for them.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144513 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27711 Solutions
Call CS on 4445. Do not rely on live chat for anything like this as they may get confused and turn off the wrong function.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Definitely call them to get this stopped, live chat , to me, are a waste of time with account issues even though we have been reassured they can deal with them. In your case they didn't. ....

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Or put the phone on silent
Message 4 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 123025 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Or put the phone on silent

But the OP needs it on to hear if anyone contacts her re her parents @Anonymous This is the main reason they got the phone.....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Depending on which phone you have,some newer phones have a "DO NOT DISTURB" option which is quite flexible ie; gives you options to pick which numbers calling you are put on silent and which calls aren't. In this mode alarms will always work.Most new Android phones will have this option dont know about the Iphone.

Message 6 of 7

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Hi there,

Call 4445 and instruct them to turn this function off, seriously live chat are as useful as a chocolate fireguard!!

Hope u get sorted.

Message 7 of 7