cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 WEBMAIL- Email still active

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I need help because I can't work out why my o2 email address is still active and how to deactivate it.

I was O2 broadband customer and received email at one point (ages ago now) when the O2 broadband were transfering their customers over to SKY and was told to move all my emails from my O2 webmail because I would not be able to use this service anymore after a certain date. So I moved my emails and updated my email address with every website I use.....

but the mystery NOW is....When I sign into my O2 account with my username and password (on www.o2(dot)co(dot)uk )which also lets me access my active PAYG mobile phone details and then click on "Browse my O2" and scroll down the page and click on "O2 Webmail" I still can see my whole email account in its full functioning glory. I can still send and receive emails... now I am confused how that's possible when we were all told this service would no longer function after a certain date! It has been like 2 years now and my email address and the way to get an access to the webmail is still very much active!

Also just to point out I did NOT transfer my broadbdand to SKY.

Now my question is how DO I DEACTIVE MY O2 EMAIL ADDRESS? I have tried to phone O2 customer service but got no help with this issue. 

Message 1 of 45
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Till the O2 server delete it automatically, you'll not be able to delete from your end nor by contacting O2. If you contact O2, they'll only say that it'll be deactivated any time as O2 Webmail has been closed around Nov or Dec 2013.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 45
44 REPLIES 44

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23116 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3684 Solutions

It must still be active on Sky's servers. You can try calling Sky to ask them to deactivate it, if you're sure all your important mail is now going where you want it to go.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for trying to help me and your kind reply.

Sorry to sound stupid (lol) but what I don't get is why the o2 webmail is still accessible from o2 website if it is suppose to be on SKY servers? Are SKY and O2 still somehow connected?

Does it mean that existing SKY broadband customers who had O2 broadband and Webmail before they got transfered to Sky , still come here to this site to access their o2 email account? 

Any help to explain the above would be very much appreciated because I can't even imaging calling up SKY and asking them to remove my o2 email address when I am not their customer in the first place. 

Thanks

Message 3 of 45

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23116 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3684 Solutions

I never used my O2 email address, so there's only so much I can help you with. As far as I'm aware, and maybe someone else can correct me if I'm mistaken, people who were O2 business customers can still use their O2 email addresses. It's possible that yours got mixed up in there. O2 have no control over this any longer. If you want to try to get your email account deleted, you're going to have to call Sky and explain the situation. Sorry if this isn't much help to you, but it's all I can do.

Please let us know if you do call Sky and how you get on. Good luck.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi   @Anonymous 

If you can access the email trough the O2 page then it has not been migrated to Sky. You were told that the would be canceled and they have,but a few stayed active but eventually they will all go. If you want to cancel it before O2 does,just log in and under your email account options there should be an option to cancel it ( sorry dont know exactly what it's called). Hope this helps.

Message 5 of 45

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

From what i can remember there was never an option to delete an e-mail account.  Unfortunately i can no longer access mine to double check. 

Message 6 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll be honest I cant remember, and mine is gone too.But a manager just told me there is an option...shame I cant log in to look for it...

Message 7 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Till the O2 server delete it automatically, you'll not be able to delete from your end nor by contacting O2. If you contact O2, they'll only say that it'll be deactivated any time as O2 Webmail has been closed around Nov or Dec 2013.

Message 8 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

Where you a customer too @Anonymous ? Did you also try to deleted it? that sound's a lot like the O2's official statement...

Message 9 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for all your suggestions.

I logged into my webmail and was going to go through all the options to find some kind of link to deactivate it but for security reasons I had to stop as soon as I run into this problem....

....I was trying to go through the whole column to see what other data are currently held under every option but my browser stopped me on 2 occasions ( can't even remember what categories I clicked on ) plastering a warning page across the whole browser with a big red padlock and a message telling me something along the lines about attackers  trying to modify the page to steal credit cards,passwords, messages and other details, so I clicked on the back to safety button and abandoned exploring it any further. 

Here is the pic. of the columns which are currently displayed there. Even if there is some buried link in them to deactivate the webmail,finding it safely is an issue. 

pic 1.PNG

Message 10 of 45