cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mast upgrade

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi could anyone tell me if the nearest mast to de1 9ta is being upgraded some time soon still only GPRS 02 works great at home shame it doesn't work well next to a factory that employes 3000 people
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Live results for DE1 9TA, South Derbyshire

• Sorry we're currently working on a phone mast in this area
    You might experience problems making calls, using the internet, or sending/receiving emails in this area.
    Updated 00:00 (refreshed hourly). Recent faults might not show yet.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Live results for DE1 9TA, South Derbyshire

• Sorry we're currently working on a phone mast in this area
    You might experience problems making calls, using the internet, or sending/receiving emails in this area.
    Updated 00:00 (refreshed hourly). Recent faults might not show yet.

Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi xbazx and Welcome to the Community Forum.

I'm afraid O2 do not pre release that type of information ,and it's a case of trying the Service Status link by inserting your full postcode ,which will tell you the information as it happens.

http://status.o2.co.uk

I hope the mast status returns to good ASAP for you.

In the interim to improve call stability try turning off 3G in your phones settings to push the phone to 2G. This will unfortunately slow down internet connection.

If you have access to wifi and your on contract look at o2's Tugo.

Payg and contract customers can use alternatives such as Facebook Calling feature , Whatsapp and Viber via wifi to name a few, but the other party will need these downloaded too.

I'm the extreme ~ If theirs no available wifi then if your not locked into a contract or on refresh you could pay off your handset plan and give notice or on payg you could test out other networks via their own payg sims and PAC code to them which keeps your mobile number. http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Obtaining-a-PAC-Code-from-the-O2-Network/m-p/54427...

If your phone is locked to O2 then it's free to unlock on contract or £15 on payg (T&C apply ). https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%...

O2's plan is http://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/network-coverage/the-next-big-thing
Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 144495 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27686 Solutions
There are plans to upgrade mast across the whole country by the end of 2017, but we don't know which masts or when 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

When O2 deem fit to release some indication of which areas will be updated and when, we can't begin to guess on mast upgrades.

Message 5 of 8

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Also be aware that after the mast is repaired or upgraded, whichever is happening that reception inside the factory may still be poor due to the construction materials used.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Gutting really happy with O2. really good reception from 3 orange/ee/mobile as there mast is 3G on site. And works well inside the factory I can't even open Facebook on 02 outside the factory it's that bad
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Reminds me of old dial up from your description. 😞
Message 8 of 8