cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email not downloading to Outlook in win8

Anonymous
Not applicable

My emails are not coming through on to my Outlook in win8

I can see them in Webmail but on Outlook it says send/recieve but it is so slow it has taken all day to reach 300kb (have never seen it count in 1b's before) but then not 1 email has appeared.

Have tried logging on off etc

rebooted router

Internet is fine - other email is fine - its just o2 mail

Technical help on Web Chat is down - yet again

Can some one please explain why and what to do?

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Update from Guru Connor... I had my server setting wrong pop.o2.co.uk should have been mail.o2.co.uk and also ticked the box My outgoing server(SMTP) requires authentication. All working now thanks to Connor.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

I think the issue is that O2 only support smtp and win 8 requires imap if I remember correctly 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

It has been working fine for the past month since we got the new computer - the issue started today/yesterday

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have exactly the same problem - 6 hours to download one email, which never actually completed.  It happened about 2 weeks ago and was then fine, it started again yesterday with no emails downloaded since.. 

Windows 8 HP laptop, Outlook 2007. 

Any help gratefully received.

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Similar problem with me, just setup a Outlook 2010 on a brand new Laptop and whilst the Outlook test message works when I try and send an email I get an instant reply as follows..

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:    Test

Sent: 20/01/2013 20:29

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached

Server error: '550 RCPT TO:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Relaying not allowed - please use SMTP AUTH'

I don't use my O2 email account very often and have been using Windows 8 on my main PC with O2 without any problems until recently....

Alec

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Update from Guru Connor... I had my server setting wrong pop.o2.co.uk should have been mail.o2.co.uk and also ticked the box My outgoing server(SMTP) requires authentication. All working now thanks to Connor.
Message 6 of 7

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Useful page here if you need the settings again:

http://www.o2help.co.uk/smtp-server-settings/ (Oliver's help pages)

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 7 of 7