cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portrush - no mobile internet coverage after 12 noon

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear O2,

Any chance of installing another mast in the Portrush area right now? Due to holidaymakers and high smart phone usage (so O2 Coleraine tell me), my internet connection is non-existant from 12noon to 12midnight. It only works for sure in the very early morning.

It is very frustrating, especially as I have paid you for a service that I am not actually getting. I remember going to my local sweetshop. If I bought a bag of 'penny-chews', I got a bag of 'pennychews.' If I wanted some more, unless it was Sunday, I just went back down the sweetshop and paid the lady over the counter. That was circa 1979-1980, long before the age of the personal computer, let alone mobile internet.

Compare that then with O2 service in 2014 - I pay you £10 a month, and I get nothing in return for 12hours a day. And so much for privatisation creating rival companies and a choice. O2 are the only service provider that give a reliable service to Portrush. Looks like you've got me over a barrel then.

I know some people must think that Northern Ireland is 'way beyond the timber line', but for better or worse, it is still part of the UK. When I visit in-laws down in the Co. Derry area, they are still on a weak GPRS signal. Hey-ho, better start using smoke signals.....

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Certainly sounds possibly like mast congestion tullyhubbert

Customer services' now 'stock' answer!:smileywink:

Message 11 of 17

MI5
  • 144856 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Certainly sounds possibly like mast congestion tullyhubbert

Customer services' now 'stock' answer!:smileywink:

They must be quoting us on here!

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Been weeks now with no data, shows up 3g, but wont work.  EE customers get 4g with no problems.  Still have to pay full price for a service that wont work.  Cant wait to get out of contract with O2.  Anyone in this area dont use O2!!!!!!!

Message 13 of 17

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 14 of 17

MI5
  • 144856 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
Prob mast congestion - It should work in the middle of the night when everyone else is in bed wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

There is a mast down in the area... slight_frown

EDIT:  @Anonymous , is your post code BT49 9xx?

Message 16 of 17

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 17 of 17