cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 WEBMAIL- Email still active

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I need help because I can't work out why my o2 email address is still active and how to deactivate it.

I was O2 broadband customer and received email at one point (ages ago now) when the O2 broadband were transfering their customers over to SKY and was told to move all my emails from my O2 webmail because I would not be able to use this service anymore after a certain date. So I moved my emails and updated my email address with every website I use.....

but the mystery NOW is....When I sign into my O2 account with my username and password (on www.o2(dot)co(dot)uk )which also lets me access my active PAYG mobile phone details and then click on "Browse my O2" and scroll down the page and click on "O2 Webmail" I still can see my whole email account in its full functioning glory. I can still send and receive emails... now I am confused how that's possible when we were all told this service would no longer function after a certain date! It has been like 2 years now and my email address and the way to get an access to the webmail is still very much active!

Also just to point out I did NOT transfer my broadbdand to SKY.

Now my question is how DO I DEACTIVE MY O2 EMAIL ADDRESS? I have tried to phone O2 customer service but got no help with this issue. 

Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Some brilliant advice here guys.

Let us know how you get on @Anonymous  (i.e. if you decide to give Sky a call)

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 21 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

Till the O2 server delete it automatically, you'll not be able to delete from your end nor by contacting O2. If you contact O2, they'll only say that it'll be deactivated any time as O2 Webmail has been closed around Nov or Dec 2013.

Hi @Anonymous 

Thanks for the advice, good to see new people contributing and helping others. 

Do you mind if I ask if you experienced the same issue as the OP?

Message 22 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

Thank you for your input.  I am glad I am not the only one. I didn't transfer to SKY either but I still have access to my O2 webmail account too and it is fully active. 

When O2 announced about getting rid off their broadband and about their webmail closure I thought that it would be the end and I would cut all my ties with O2 completely because I never owned a contract mobile phone with them and didn't need to keep my account open any longer.

I kind of feel like I have to babysit my account when I no longer need it.   

The only way I can see washing my hands off this is to have my O2 website login deactivated completely so no services can be accessed anymore......

...........does anyone know how to deactivate  O2 website username and password ?

@Anonymous wrote:

I did not transfer to Sky, did not have any communications from them or O2 about email but I set up a gmail account in case the O2 mail disappeared when I changed braodband provider.  However, I can still access my O2 email account to receive and send as I have always done. 

Message 23 of 45

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144399 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

...........does anyone know how to deactivate  O2 website username and password ?

You can't and it's not something that is done normally but if you drop a pm to either @Toby or @Anonymous they may be able to deactivate you......

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 24 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You can't and it's not something that is done normally but if you drop a pm to either @Toby or @Anonymous they may be able to deactivate you......

Thanks, I will try that.

Message 25 of 45

browni
Level 21: Regular
  • 2241 Posts
  • 35 Topics
  • 10 Solutions

Latest comment from Sky:

Hi All,

O2 email accounts were not included in the acquisition we completed - we cannot help you with any enquiries regarding these, please contact the email account provider.

This is now locked to new replies.

Thanks,

Ben 

Link

Balls in your court O2.

#siwy
Message 26 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wish to recieve email on to my iphone but my password does not work. How do I get a new one?

Message 27 of 45

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144399 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I wish to recieve email on to my iphone but my password does not work. How do I get a new one?

Change it on your email providers website.

If it's o2 email it's been (mostly) shut down now.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 28 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can't find a link to the account or how to get into it. I am still using the account without problems on my lap top. I was told that I would be advised if the account was closing and have read that o2.co.uk email accounts will be available indefinitely.
Message 29 of 45

Cleoriff
  • 122947 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

No thats untrue...O2 informed users in September 2013 that O2 email was closing down. Some are still able to use it...but the servers aren't monitored or supported.....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 30 of 45