cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Click here to find out why I've left O2 after 8 years

Anonymous
Not applicable

After 8 years of giving them custom I will be leaaving. Why? Because:

- After 8 years they did not even match a deal of a competitor. They did however try to sneak in a deal for the smaller version of the phone I requested, with less data and still more expensive. 

- After 8 years their customer service has gotten unbearably worse. As I have mentioned in previous threads, I waited 15 mins on hold twice, then gave up, thinking this is an anomaly.
- I tried again the next day, but first on chat so I did not have to wait. I spent 2 hours being sent through 6 different people.
- I finally was persuaded to try again by another user, as well as being advised by an O2 rep in this community to call.
- I spent 58 mins and 20 secs on hold. Someone picked up, then the line went dead.
-After 8 years, this is the service and treatment that customers now receive? People took what O2 meant litterily then, bemoredog.

This community has been helpful in the sense that they have listened and emphathised with my comments and experiences. However what the community does not provide is any form of real assistance in solving an issue.
This community then acts just as a platform for individuals to vent, be empathised upon and feel as if action is being taken.

I've messaged a community managed explaining my situation, and they have no messaged back in 2 days...

Leave O2. Don't bemoredog and get treated like crap.

I've moved to Vodafone and have been able to save over £200 on an Iphone 6+ over 2 years, as well being given a discount as they rep felt sorry for me.

What I can say is this, that I will do my utmost best to make sure people I know do not go to O2. Even if the deal is marginly better to begin with, I will emphasize my treatment (or lack there off) and inability of action to be taken anywhere.

Their only solution was to call...

Taken to twitter I found out that I would not be reimbused the 90 minutes on hold to the 0800 number. I could not call because I had no signal from my phone...

Lastly thank you to the individuals who did listen and empathize with me. 

@Anonymous @Anonymous @Anonymous @Anonymous @Cleoriff @MI5 @jonsie 

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi MannyO

I appreciate your frustration especially from reading your experience from your last thread , this one and Twitter.

Unfortunatley when it's account based we cannot help as we have no access as fellow customers ,but we do help in many other ways bring about resolutions to people's hardware and software issues and guidance on how to contact O2 or which feature may be best.

Sometimes yes people vent and we act as sounding boards but even that in its own right can be helpful.

I wish you well with Vodaphone and take good care of yourself.
Message 2 of 22

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23558 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3750 Solutions

I don't know what you expected regarding real assistance from this forum. Apart from @Anonymous who is an O2 employee contributing here in a private capacity, and the moderators, we are all customers just like you. All any forum similar to this one could ever offer is advice based on past experience with others who have had the same kinds of problems. We don't have access to individual's accounts, nor the power to do anything to alter anything related to an individual's account. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 22

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi MannyO,

Sorry to hear you're not happy.

Who did you contact on the community team? As its the holiday period, there are less of us working, so you may have contacted my colleague who is away at the moment. Feel free to send me a message and we can have a chat slight_smile
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 4 of 22

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124315 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

Sorry to hear of your decision. As @Bambino said though, we are all customers here with no access to your account and no ability to offer you the sort of deal you were looking for. I was one of many who attempted to help you on your thread...but advice was all we were able to give.

I think we advised you to contact community team via PM....

Anyway I am sad you will be leaving but I honestly don't think the members on this forum could do any more than we did.... with both your previous threads

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just read your message and I only wish I had the chance to leave, having just signed up for another 2 years. They offered me a free Christmas accessory pack with the deal, failed to provide any information about how I claimed that gift, and it's now expired! That's just great...

They're now trying to tell me that it was Nokia's fault -  yet they sent me the phone. And on top of that the person I was chatting with online left me without a response for 20 minutes, before they closed the chat. Absolute disgrace.

Also had a problem when setting up the phone that cost me £15 when I called customer services from my landline. Expect that to go in the wind too.

Anyone looking to join O2? Suggest you think carefully...

Message 6 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous

Their is a thread about this on the forum with several links that may help you regarding the accessory bundle.

O2 do provide a free customer call service from any O2 sim powered phone via 202 for future knowledge.
Message 7 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks to bandofbrothers as I've just found the link and managed to order my free accessory pack.

It does however bring into question the live chat, as I was specifically told that the offer finished on 15 December - obviously that refers to the O2 offer rather than Nokia. Maybe they need some training before giving out completely false information.

Just wanted to add a final point to this thread, as when I ordered my new phone I was told by another live chat operator that O2 has - and I quote - 'Our UK based customer service was awarded the best customer service recently. Our customer base is around 70%. That speaks for itself.'

Reading the various threads, I'm not sure who made the awards - Mr Bean perhaps??

Thanks all.....

Message 8 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks to bandofbrothers as I've just found the link and managed to order my free accessory pack.

It does however bring into question the live chat, as I was specifically told that the offer finished on 15 December - obviously that refers to the O2 offer rather than Nokia. Maybe they need some training before giving out completely false information.

Thanks all.....

Glad to have been of assistance. 😄

and credit to rosadosc for creating said thread. 

Message 9 of 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147156 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28297 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Just wanted to add a final point to this thread, as when I ordered my new phone I was told by another live chat operator that O2 has - and I quote - 'Our UK based customer service was awarded the best customer service recently. Our customer base is around 70%. That speaks for itself.'

Reading the various threads, I'm not sure who made the awards - Mr Bean perhaps??

We often ask the same ourselves, although in fairness we probably only see the worst reported on here, however, Capata (who run O2 UK CS) are now in the process of moving all that overseas too so there will be no UK based support left at all very soon......

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 10 of 22