cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

set phone limit

Anonymous
Not applicable

i wish to set a limit on he blackberry i got for my son so he doesnt run up a big bill.  how do i do this its a pay mothly contract of £22 a month

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144783 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
Data is automatically capped when you reach your limit (it will slow down considerably but with no additional charges), however, minutes and texts cannot be capped. It is the users responsibility to control these. There is a "My O2" app that you can download to keep an eye on usage.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144783 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
Data is automatically capped when you reach your limit (it will slow down considerably but with no additional charges), however, minutes and texts cannot be capped. It is the users responsibility to control these. There is a "My O2" app that you can download to keep an eye on usage.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Andrew and Welcome to the Forum,

In hindsight maybe a Payg account would have been more adequate if your worried at even this early stage of letting your son use the allowances in the Monthly Contract.

What I would do now is order a Payg Sim card in readiness and tell him if he's breaches his minutes, then you would remove the contract sim, and he will have to use the Payg sim until the anniversary date that the allowances refresh.

Even if its an empty threat it may make him be careful.

Message 3 of 3