cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will O2 have the Blackberry Z30???

Anonymous
Not applicable

So, I've always been a BB person...I use my phone for work so not interested in apps and other features, just pure old email and a good Calender for all appointments .

Its almost time to upgrade and I want another BB. Read all reviews and REALLY, and I mean REALLY want a Z30!!! Does anybody have any idea when it will be launched as it is marked as coming soon....

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

As a fellow blackberry addict I thought I'd give a little bit more information on when I believe the Z30 will be available on O2:

It won't.

If you have a look at this thread, I queried the Z10 and Z30 being missing from the O2 Shop and firmly believe that after the replies that were recieved that O2 will not be stocking the Z10 again and won't be stocking the Z30.

The Z30 is the natural upgrade progression for me as I have a Z10 but as things stand I am likely going to be forced away from O2 when my contract is up for renewal unless I move to Android or Windows which I REALLY don't want to do.

The Z30 has been available since October. If O2 were ever going to stock it they would have done by now.

Yes, we have a few members of the community trialling the Z10 and Z30 but I believe that is just out of curiosity rather than with a view to stocking either of these phones. A number of members expressed their interest in trying them, hence why some were made available.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, I could be wrong, but the discussions I had with Chris_K in the link above says to me that it won't be made available.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Watch here https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/coming-soon and also for the reviews.

And register here https://www.o2.co.uk/getupdates?lte
Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the Community.

Whilst I am unable to advise if o2 will carry the Z30 in the future, I can advise that I am currently trialling one in the o2 Community Device Loan Trial Scheme. I plan to write a review on it probably next weekend.

Which BB do you currently have?
Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a very old beaten 9320, but I've got dexterity problems and I need a touch screen phone because bb keys are small....

Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
The Z30 is a VERY different animal indeed. It doesn't have the legendary BB Qwerty Keyboard as it is touchscreen. If you like BB generally then I think you will like the Z30.

Please do keep an eye out for the review. I will try to remember to send you a message once it is done. 😆
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks, didn't know you could register for handset updates
Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks !!This is what I call feeling at home!!
Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

As a fellow blackberry addict I thought I'd give a little bit more information on when I believe the Z30 will be available on O2:

It won't.

If you have a look at this thread, I queried the Z10 and Z30 being missing from the O2 Shop and firmly believe that after the replies that were recieved that O2 will not be stocking the Z10 again and won't be stocking the Z30.

The Z30 is the natural upgrade progression for me as I have a Z10 but as things stand I am likely going to be forced away from O2 when my contract is up for renewal unless I move to Android or Windows which I REALLY don't want to do.

The Z30 has been available since October. If O2 were ever going to stock it they would have done by now.

Yes, we have a few members of the community trialling the Z10 and Z30 but I believe that is just out of curiosity rather than with a view to stocking either of these phones. A number of members expressed their interest in trying them, hence why some were made available.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, I could be wrong, but the discussions I had with Chris_K in the link above says to me that it won't be made available.

Message 8 of 13

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

PapaDug is right, if a phone is not there within a couple of months of release then its never going to be. The Z10 was a bit of a flop worldwide and the general consensus was that it was the end of Blackberry hence the lack of take up of the Z30 by the networks. And the customers weren't interested as iphone/Android are far more impressive in specs and apps for people to consider other phone systems let alone the perception that BB was dying so they weren't going to buy in to it. 

As ever, CarphoneWarehouse is probably your next stop if you want to stay on o2 as they stock it. TalkTalk mobile also do but you need to be a TT customer and its using the Vodafone network.

Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Personally if you can afford it I would purchase sim free and then get a sim only contract. Generally works out cheaper but does need a large upfront payment. CPW £480 currently.
Message 10 of 13