cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail Problem, Help Please.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, I have had an O2 contract/sim for the last seven years and have been able to divert calls to voicemail without problem. Last week the sim finally died (not recognised) so O2 sent out a replacement sim along with a new phone (Nokia 3109). I can access my voicemail account by dialling 901 from the phone but when I divert voice calls to voicemail there is just the unobtainable tone? What do I need to do to get it working as it should please? I have tried 1760 and then 1750 but nothing happens.

Any help appreciated.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Jester,

I'm sorry you are having problems with O2 Voicemail.

Go in to your settings and find Call Diverts.

Enter +447802091901 in to the following;
If Busy
If Not Answered
If Out Of Reach
If Not Available

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Peter
O2 Customer Support
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Peter, thanks for the reply. I have tried diverting to the above number and get the same result - number not in use?

Does the new sim need some kind of activation by o2? It seems odd that I can dial 901 using the new phone/sim and access voicemail but diverted calls come back with number not in use!
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Spoke to customer services this morning and it appears there was a fault with the system somewhere. It now works perfectly grin
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

If Busy
If Not Answered
If Out Of Reach
If Not Available
I hope this helps.
Best Regards,
Peter
O2 Customer Support
Please can someone explain how to type a + sign in, as my phone will only accept numbers for this? I've tried combinations of the above, without the +, without the 44 etc., etc. and none work, so assume I do need the +. Normally I would type the 1 key to get to this + symbol but, as I say, my phone won't play ball.

Thanks.
Message 5 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

If Busy
If Not Answered
If Out Of Reach
If Not Available
I hope this helps.
Best Regards,
Peter
O2 Customer Support
Please can someone explain how to type a + sign in, as my phone will only accept numbers for this? I've tried combinations of the above, without the +, without the 44 etc., etc. and none work, so assume I do need the +. Normally I would type the 1 key to get to this + symbol but, as I say, my phone won't play ball.
Thanks.

Try holding the '0' button or the button with the + and it should change to the + sign.
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Jester,
I'm sorry you are having problems with O2 Voicemail.
If Busy
If Not Answered
If Out Of Reach
If Not Available
I hope this helps.
Best Regards,
Peter
O2 Customer Support

Peter - am I right in thinking this only works if you're in the UK, and not while roaming? How do I divert ALL calls while I'm roaming? I've got Voicemail switched on but I'm still paying for missed calls and I want to stop them altogether... The phone needs to stay on for text messages.
Message 7 of 7