cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verification code failed 3 times. What now?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Noob question. I've just this minute tried to register my PAYG phone to o2. Firstly, I put my phone number in, then the verification code that I was sent via text. So far, easy enough. Then, after entering all my personal details and the 6 digit verification code it wasn't having none of it, it stated that the code was incorrect even though I'm 100% certain I entered it correctly. I've tried it 3 times now with the 3 different codes but still it doesn't work. To add insult to injury, I can't even enter my phone number now. So what do I do now now? I've already emailed o2, will they sort it anytime soon?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
The system will only let you have 3 codes in a 24 hour period.
The counter will zero and you will be able to get another code tomorrow.
Not sure why you are having a problem entering the code although the whole O2 website seems to be problematic at the moment.
Normally you would get an auto-generated reply from your email with a follow up within 48 hours.

Hope this helps
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not sure why you are having a problem entering the code although the whole O2 website seems to be problematic at the moment.
Normally you would get an auto-generated reply from your email with a follow up within 48 hours.
Hope this helps

Thanks for your help. I'm not sure why I'm having trouble either,'cause I'm positive I entered the verification codes correctly. Could it be some other detail I'm entering such as my email address, username or password that's causing the problem? i.e. can you register with a Blueyonder email address?
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

So tomorrow I should be able to, or attempt to, register again? I've just tried it again but as soon as I enter my phone number I get this message "The maximum number of verification codes has been exceeded for this mobile number" so I'm still unable to get to the stage where I enter the verification code. However, it hasn't been 24hours yet, more like 20. Should it work tomorrow morning then?
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Know the feeling, soooooooooooo frustrating. The helpdesk is not helpful either
Message 5 of 5