cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not allowed MM#6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I have some difficulties with my BlackBerry Z10. It says Phone not allowed. MM#6 SOS

When I switch off the phone is shows the O2 Logo, however when I insert the O2 sim card in the phone, it doesnt want to work, it says emergensy service only.

What can be the problem?

Thank you in advance 

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123064 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

Can I ask how long you have had the phone and where did you buy it from?

I ask because looking at the Crackberry forum it seems this is a problem if the phone is locked to another network?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank's for your reply,

Its not new, I have bought it from a shop a few days ago, if it was locked to a network, than that network have to be O2 as when i am switching it off it shows the O2 logo.

However on the internet it says it might be lost/stolen/blacklisted.

Dont know where to go, to police or to O2 to check the phone if is blacklisted or no.

Message 3 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 123064 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

This doesn't sound good at all. You could check your device history via Checkmend here. It will show if the phone has ever been reported as lost or stolen. In which case it will have been IMEI barred sadly

We find this is happening more and more as part of insurance fraud....

http://www.checkmend.com/uk/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

There are no free websites to check? and if its blacklisted, is it a way to unblock it?  Does O2 have this kind of service of checking the phones?

Message 5 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

How would be possible to contact the owner? cause this is the only way I think, I dont even know to which network is locked, however I think is O2

Message 6 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 123064 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

We only really recommend Checkmend. You could do a google search for free IMEI checking sites but I couldn't guarantee how valid they would be.

Also if the handset has been barred then you will not get the bar lifted. (It usually means someone has reported it lost or stolen and claimed on the insurance)  An ever increasing scam nowadays

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 123064 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

You say you bought it from a shop? Then return it to the shop and ask for a refund if you can't get it working.

Also can I ask which 'internet site' you accessed when you say "However on the internet it says it might be lost/stolen/blacklisted".

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 30

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Return the phone and get your money back if you can. Sounds like it's either been IMEI blocked or it's locked to another network.

Message 9 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

😐 it was an Auction, never now what can you get :D, so this why i cant ask for a refund, I have a receipt from them, to show that it wasnt stolen, now i need to check where and to whom i have to show this receipt.

I have found this post 

https://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Bold/HELP-quot-Phone-not-allowed-MM6-SOS-quot-on-...   where it says it could be locked, but why is not qorking on O2,

Sorry Cleoriff, i dont know exactly the websites, cause I search all the internet.

Message 10 of 30