cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lumia 620 NOT fit for purpose!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm hoping someone can help me please?

My Lumia 620 constantly needs rebooting...  I live in a poor signal area but am able to get at least one bar on the signal strength indicator which has been fine on any other phone I've owned (last was Nokia X6).  With this Lumia 620 it loses signal but still displays 2-3 bars signal strength!  I try to send a text and after about a minute it tells me "Not able to send" and "try again"...

The only way to get the phone to find a signal is to reboot it.  Then it'll be fine for a few minutes!  Then it loses signal and I can't send or receive texts or make calls!  I find myself sending texts to myself just so I can check it's status!  This can't be right!  It's not fit for purpose as a phone!

I will add, the phone is not frozen.  I can still access the internet and any other function on the phone but am never sure if I have a signal (despite the signal strength bars showing I have)...

I've contacted the O2 gurus who told me to remove the sim and reboot and that would solve the problem but it didn't!

Does anyone else have this issue?  Can anyone give me any advice to solve this issue please?

Thanks

Dave

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23164 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

If it's within 7 working days of you purchasing the phone, you can return it.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144712 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
http://status.o2.co.uk/
Check your signal to see if any work is planned or if any faults.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies.

It's not within 7 days of purchase and there are no works in progress or scheduled.

Message 4 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144712 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
It sounds like a signal related issue but in light of what you've checked already it only leaves a sim swap (unlikely cause but worth ruling out) or a faulty handset.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 8

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

If there's a signal fault it may not show on the status page yet.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd try the phone in an area of good coverage and see if the same issue happens.  It may be that your phone is faulty and needs repairing.

Have you tried gently cleaning your sim when you take it out?  That can sometimes help.

Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a Lumia 800 and used to have the same problem living in East London (i'd thought be a high signal area), I've had two sim swaps so far with no difference so realised it must be the phone. Still not quite working (never get signal anywhere in London indoors). Lumias are really poorly made so don't be surprised if you need to send it in for repair often. mine's been in 4 times in 2 years.
Message 8 of 8