cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lumia 1020 free camera grip?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Received my new Lumia 1020 today and according to the Nokia website, I should be able to claim a free camera grip via nokia.ly/cameragrip - however, I am getting "This IMEI number is invalid or has already been used" when I enter my details. I've double checked my IMEI both on the handset and the box and am entering it correctly.

I have emailed Nokia via the address supplied on the promotion page, just wondering if any other new Lumia 1020 owners have had any success? Could this be an issue with the 64gb handset which is exclusive to O2?

Message 1 of 54
53 REPLIES 53

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I have exactly the same problem. Purchased the phone on 18th May and have been trying to register the IMEI every day since. I emailed Nokia from the camergrip page and got an email back asking me to wait 5 working days for their team to resolve it. I've heard nothing since despite a reminder email over the weekend. I also cant get the £20 app voucher to work on the phone (says I don't have a qualifying phone in the promotion period). I spoke to o2 who said they have sent the sales data to Nokia and the problem is with Nokia. I have managed to download the free gameloft games though. But the camera grip is the real reason I purchased the phone at this time. Not happy!

Message 2 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi And Welcome to the O2 Network Community Forum,

I would continue to contact Nokia directly.

And or raise a complaint if necessary.

http://www.nokia.com/gb-en/support/contact/

Good luck. slight_smile
Message 3 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having the same trouble with both offers too.

I've commented on the Nokia page, so I'll see what happens.

Message 4 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable
Be interesting to here the outcome on this guys.
Message 5 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone.

Please see my reply to the op above. 

I got through to Nokia camera grip support today. It's not actually Nokia themselves but another company at the end of the phone. Spoke to someone called Jess who immediately knew what the issue was, so obviously they are well aware. She took my name, mobile number and IMEI number and said that my details would be manually added. The issue is that Nokia (not O2) have not provided them with the sales data. She said to claim again in about 5 days on the nokia camera grip website as usual. I'll try each day and post on here when (if) it eventually works. I also asked about claiming the £20 app voucher but she said this is not a promotion they run. Not sure where to go with that one as Microsoft Windows Phone support does not seem to have any Contact Us email or phone number anywhere.

So my advice to you all for the camera grip is to phone up (0844 409 6620) and get them to manually add your details.

Incidentally, if you wish to check that your IMEI is correctly registered to your Lumia 1020 go to this website click the link and tap in the IMEI: blogbits.com/check-phone-imei-valid-invalid.html

The link takes you to the page to check your IMEI on www.numberingplans.com

Hope this helps everyone.

Message 6 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

Further to my previous post. 

I've been trying each day just in case, after the promotion people said to resubmit the claim on Wednesday 4th June. Low and behold today I've just had this confirmation on the web claim that it has been accepted. This is the email confirmation I then got:

Dear XXX,

Claim Reference: XXX

Your Nokia Free Camera Grip claim has now been received.

You will be updated on the status of your claim within 3 working days of this email.

Please keep this email for future reference.

If you have any questions please check our Terms and Conditions or email help@nokia1020grip.co.uk

Kind Regards

Nokia Free Camera Grip Promotional Support

So it looks like the manual adding of my IMEI worked, or Nokia finally sent the sales data to the promotional people. 

I still can't claim the £20 app voucher though so my quest continues!

Good luck to all.

Message 7 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I had a response from help@nokia1020grip.co.uk a few days ago with the same story:

Thank you for your email and apologies for the inconvenience caused.

We have not received the sales data for your purchase from Nokia therefore our system does not recognise your IMEI.

We will get this added manually to our system and you will be able to re-submit your claim within 72 hours.

Again please accept our apologies for the trouble you have experienced.

I just tried entering my details again (left it 3 working days) and it appears to have gone through this time. I guess I'll get an email at some point confirming my grip is on it's way!

Message 8 of 54

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Thanks for the update Souperjim!

Let us know how you get on further slight_smile
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 10 of 54