cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Macbook Air and 4G Dongle ZTE MF823

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just bought this O2 dongle today, hoping to be online this weekend. I installed the Dongle software, and the lights are behaving appropriately. But when I launch the O2 4G Dongle software, I get "This webpage is not available" error. I presume it's trying to load the Connection Manager, but I've not seen that ever. 

Anyone have this problem? Any workarounds? I have Macbook Air and OS10.10.4

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123095 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

I have found this O2 pdf guide related to your dongle and broadband manager. I think it will have all the info you need

http://static.o2.co.uk/www/docs/kana/o2_zte_mf823_mobile_broadband_manager_guide.pdf

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Cleoriff... but I've followed all the instructions precisely, and it still doesn't work. There seems to be a problem with the Connection Manager software and my setup. I never actually get to see the Connection Manager. 

Message 3 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 123095 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Ok...Have a look at this thread. The poster (Eug) resolved it on his own without using connection manager

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Mobile-Broadband-without-using-O2-Connection-Ma...

Steps involved were:
1. Insert Dongle

2. Load up O2 connection manager

3. Connect via the windows “Mobile Broadband Connection”

4. Enter the APN details which it asks for which were:
APN mobile.o2.co.uk
Username o2bb
Password: password

5. Disconnect Dongle

6. Connect via the windows “Mobile Broadband Connection” which now uses the SIM card and the recently entered APN details.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 123095 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions
Message 5 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 123095 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Or another thread which may help

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Connection-Manager-versions/m-p/509492/highligh...

Mac....Setting up Mobile Broadband
What you need
– Mac OS X: 10.5, 10.6 with latest upgrades
– Hard Drive Space: 100MB
– RAM: 1 GB
To use Mobile Broadband on your Mac, you’ll need to install Mobile Partner. .
Installing Mobile Partner....before you start, close any other programs you’ve got open.

@Anonymous I have given you everything I can find on this. Something should help Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 11

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 123095 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Thanks @jonsie It involved a massive google and forum search. I just hope something helps  LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks so much for all the links, @Cleoriff, but they don't seem to be solving it. I'm going to have to go back into the O2 store and replace the dongle or get a refund, because it doesn't feel like it's going to be working any time soon. Thanks so much anyway.
Message 9 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 123095 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Sorry to hear this. I did read on one of the threads that the customer actually changed their dongle which wasnt working. I would suggest you take the macbook with you to the O2 shop and let them set up the dongle. That way at least you will have it sorted. wink Best of luck. Pop back and let us know how you get on please...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 11