cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 App

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

New here after exchanging my Samsung Galaxy for a Nokia 625. Absolute dream of a phone.

Just one very small probbie : whenever I try my o2 app, it tells me before I can read information, to 'switch off wireless in my phone settings'

I can't find this setting anywhere.

Advice apprecaited.

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144690 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
Swipe left, scroll down to settings, then WiFi and turn off.
After connecting the first time on mobile data you should have the option to authorise WiFi so you should only have to do this once.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

This used to happen with the web based My O2. Never had the problem within the app though. Is the app available via the Nokia store?

Message 2 of 9

MI5
  • 144690 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
Swipe left, scroll down to settings, then WiFi and turn off.
After connecting the first time on mobile data you should have the option to authorise WiFi so you should only have to do this once.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 144690 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions

@jonsie the Win version of the app is still browser based at the mo......

Currently using:
Message 4 of 9

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Thanks for the clarification @MI5 I did search on the Nokia store and couldn't find an official app.

Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 144690 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
I guess it's a shortcut added by O2 into the software currently.... There is an app for O2 Germany so hopefully won't be long for O2-UK......

Currently using:
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
You think O2 would want to promote their own app and pull their finger out releasing it
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Very many thanks. Perfect!
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

The O2 Germany app was released over 6 months ago so hopefully it will make it's way here shortly.  At the moment its unfortunately a cross between using some mobile apps and using some mobile web sites for getting O2/contract data etc.

Message 9 of 9