cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Voicemail on Lumia 930 Not Availalble

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've read the instructions in detail but I can't switch this on - the option for VVM here just isn't listed - I'm using WP8.10.12397.895 which is reported as the most recent version, and I'm on an O2 pay monthly contract - help!

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144780 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
Thanks Chris - I did fear that was the case......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
So does that mean I will not get that option? Or do I just have to wait?
Message 12 of 35

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
So does that mean I will not get that option? Or do I just have to wait?

Unfortunately it means VVM won't be available to you. We have been working with vendors to see if we can get VVM working on open market softwares but unfortunately it isn't possible to enable VVM on those without it also activating for all MVNO customers (eg, Tesco Mobile, GiffGaff, other MVNO's that run on O2) which could result in loss of voicemail for them.

We continue to work with vendors to try and make this possible but for the foreseeable future, the VVM option will only be available on handsets with the O2 firmware installed.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 13 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was advised to post this here for a better chance at help. 

Visual Voicemail on Nokia Lumia 930 errors on activation

I've been trying to activate visual voicemail on my Lumia 930 for a while now but i just keep getting errors and all the support people i've spoken to don't seem to know much about it...

When i turn the visual voicemail to on I receive a text saying 'Sorry, your number doesn't support visual voicemail, so we can't set it up yet. Please go to www.02........' and if i leave it going long enough i get an error on the phone that says ' Oops! Something happened and we couldn't set up visual voicemail. Make sure you have a mobile signal and try again. You may also need to contact your mobile operator to enable this on your current plan.' and then it goes back to off. 

OS version: 8.10.120397.895

Firmware Version: 02061.00066.14252.51002

Let me know if you need any other details and I'll post them too. 

If i need to speak to support to get my tariff changed then can you tell me exactly what it would need to be. I've spoken with support and the last person I spoke to admitted they'd been given no training on windows phone 8.1 and didn't even know they could do visual voicemail.

Message 14 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
Chris_K

I also have a new Lumia 930 with the firmware version of 02061.00066.14353.31004. The phone was purchased from CPW on an O2 pay monthly contract. So it wasn't purchased SIM free. From what I gather, this firmware version isn't compatible with VVM?
Message 15 of 35

MI5
  • 144780 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Chris_K

I also have a newLumia 930 with the firmware version of 02061.00066.14353.31004. The phone was purchased fromCPW on anO2 pay monthly contract. So it wasn't purchasedSIM free. From what I gather, this firmware version isn't compatible withVVM?

Yours will definitely be open firmware and no chance, yet, of getting VVM.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 16 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine's definitely o2. Even has the o2 splash screen on startup. 

Message 17 of 35

MI5
  • 144780 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Mine's definitely o2. Even has the o2 splash screen on startup. 

Yours should work Graham - The only possibility is the wrong data tariff but I was waiting for Chris to come back with any questions.....

Currently using:
Message 18 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've the same software and firmware as you, O2 retail phone and I have VVM set up. Must be a tariff issue......
Message 19 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

It looks like that because i'm a business customer. For some reason we seem to get a different (reduced) feature set... Although it's taken over a week of calls and emails to support for someone to suggest that as a reason....

Message 20 of 35