cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry 9300 won't connect to server

Anonymous
Not applicable

My BB 9300 (software 6.0) worked fine until yesterday when it suddenly stopped receiving emails. I am still getting them on my PC. When attempting to check email settings in Set-up - Email Accounts I get the message 'Your device had a problem connecting to the server'. As far as I know I have changed nothing in the settings recently and have made no changes to my regular payment plan.

Following advice for similar problems on troubleshooting forums I have unsuccessfully tried a warm boot (twice) and have deleted the service books for the two email accounts that were on the device. Unfortunately I cannot resend the service books without the server connection.

Any help would be very gratefully received! Thanks.

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been having a similar problem (on the same phone) since yesterday evening (10th Sep). I've not recievd any emails and contacts & calendar synce seems to have stopped working.

Unlike the OP however I can access the internet and it appears I can send email.

I've tried all the "usual" thing (Re-sending service Books, Requesting the HRT, Deletign and re-adding the email accoount). But I'm getting the error "Your device had a problem connecting to the server"

There's nothing showing on the O2 service status check for my locale, but are there any current issues with the O2 BIS (or related) server?

Message 11 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm wondering if there is currently a problem with the BIS connection on O2? I'm sure I remember reading something like this happening years ago...but then if it was a widespread problem surely more people would be on here asking about it?

I'll see what I can find!

Message 12 of 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144925 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27777 Solutions
It's a possibility... Maybe we'll see more posts about it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

I found this thread, that whilst isn't unrelated it does show that there as a widespread problem: http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Devices-Nokia-Blackberry/BIS-not-connecting-through-wifi/td-p/263...

@Toby @Anonymous Could one of you find out if there is currently a problem with BIS on O2?

Message 14 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous thanks for flagging this up. We'll let you know as soon as we have some info.

Message 15 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Toby @Anonymous Did you manage to find out if there's a known issue?

Message 16 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had a few free moments so I've been I've been in Contact with the support team at O2 (via Webchat). Apparently this is a "Known" issue and O2 are in contact with RIM.

That's what I've been told anyway.

Message 17 of 21

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Thanks for updating the thread. Let us know if it improves.

Thanks!

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 18 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

...although when I tweeted O2 theey tweeted back to say there weren't aware of their having been any issues! Crazy

Message 19 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, don't worry about that, we've seen in the past that different departments within O2 don't talk to each other!

Message 20 of 21