Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23192 Posts
  • 1028 Topics
  • 3688 Solutions
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here - their 3G network is simply awesome, the only issue I had with them was indoor coverage as the mast was a fair distance away, hence the move to O2 where the mast is 100 yards away at the top of the road in line of sight! lol

Message 11 of 25

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

My brother in law has been on Three for a few years and travels all over the British Isles in his job. He swears by their 3G coverage and I can only say...bring it on!!

Message 12 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

One thing to remember though is the relatively small subscriber base at 3 may be a key factor as to why their network is currently so good.

Message 13 of 25

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Is there any clue as to what'll happen when this deal goes through? In regards to our contracts that is.?
C xx
Message 14 of 25

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
I imagine your contract will carry on as normal until the end of your minimum term and then look at the available options then.
Message 15 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 123322 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

One thing to remember though is the relatively small subscriber base at 3 may be a key factor as to why their network is currently so good.

Yes but with all the revenue and monies available (from the owner of 3) maybe some of this will be ploughed back into the system to expnad/improve the networks...

(One can only hope) wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Good point.

Be interesting to see if Three's data network suffers with the massive increase in the extra customers using it that are on O2 currently.

Be interesting to see also if Three's "All You Can Eat" data option still remains or has limitations/conditions introduced on to it. I could be wrong, but I think Three are the only network to offer what is essentially an unlimited data amount.

Message 17 of 25

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I have a feeling that will come to an end with the millions of O2 customers joining their network. They would really have to put some sort of limit or fup on users.

Message 18 of 25

MI5
  • 144915 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27777 Solutions

Fatboy wrote: 

Be interesting to see if Three's data network suffers with the massive increase in the extra customers using it that are on O2 currently.

But their network infrastructure will increase massively too.

They won't just switch off all of o2's equipment and just use Three masts.

Sure there will be some rationalisation but they need the infrastructure that o2 has to be able to cope.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 19 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

Fatboy wrote: 

But their network infrastructure will increase massively too.

They won't just switch off all of o2's equipment and just use Three masts.

Sure there will be some rationalisation but they need the infrastructure that o2 has to be able to cope.

I just hope that the good data network Three has currently, won't start to suffer, even with the inclusion of O2's network/network infrastructure. I'm really fed up with O2's data network recently, really, really poor, and this is despite no maintenance showing up on the site. Wish I'd went with Three when I had the chance last September, I will be jumping ship later this year.

Message 20 of 25