Did you mean: 

Black Cat Day

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

Cats are awesome, black cats included but unfortunately they have gotten a bit of a bad rep over the years. Following the decline of Paganism many of the symbols associated with the belief became a focus of fear and suspicion with black cats included. The poor fur bags were shunned and even keeping one as a pet would lead to punishment in some communities. Even to this day black cats have a harder time getting adopted from shelters due to this outdated superstition. 

Black Cat Day was introduced to try and combat some of the misconceptions about the black cat and raise some awareness about the adoption issues faced by these misunderstood creatures. If you want to celebrate Black Cat Day and are considering adopting a cat then see if there any any available for adoption. If you're not ready to adopt a small donation to a local animal shelter will go a long way. wink

More info here

black-cat-names.jpg

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

My black cat Drake says hi! He is so black that when I usually try to take a picture of him he just looks like a black lump.

I'd love to see some other black cats on here? Cat Happy

Drake

Message 2 of 2