cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

old contract wasnt cancelled

Anonymous
Not applicable

My contract came to an end and i opened a new one with a new phone. As i wanted to keep my old number (ive had it about 7+ years) i used it in the new phone. I realised after a few months that O2 were charging me for using this number on the old contract, and also charging me for the new contract. Has this happened to anyone else, and what can I do about it, eg can i get a refund?

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
Speak to Cs ASAP on 202.

You should have just upgraded but sounds like you've opened up a secondary contract.
Message 2 of 34

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144600 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions
Unfortunately you chose to take a 2nd account and O2 have correctly billed on for it.
If the old number is out of contract you can cancel it now and move th number to the new account and use that from now on.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

is it a new 02 contract, if so what you have done is called Mashing you should of just done a simple upgrade you have 2 choices keep 2 lines running to keep your old number or canx your new line and pay the large canx fee or get a pay and go sim, port your old number on to that wait 2 months and port it on to your new account, its going aropund the houses but send me a private message and il talk you through it slight_smile 

Message 4 of 34

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144600 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions
Sure cancelling the older, out of contract, sim would be easier?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can cancel the old contract with 30 days notice and just use that number on your new contract
Message 6 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
No my contract ended, O2 contacted me 6 weeks before it was due to end. I told them i wanted to keep my old number. I have got it transfered to the new phone and new contract now, as it should have been from the start. Thanks for your reply
Message 7 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes it is MI% but it depends on how desperate she is to keep that number, best of canx the old number getting a pac and porting it over to pay and blow for 2 months then porting it onto her new account 

Message 8 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
So you are only being charged for one contract?
Message 9 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
Please phone Cs on 202.
Message 10 of 34