cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rumour ; Minecraft film 'set to hit silver screen'

Anonymous
Not applicable
In my recent thread ' Game Consoles Wars ! (again) ,...the game 'mine craft' was talked about.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-topic/Games-console-wars-Again/m-p/631976/highlight/true#M20955

Well looks like its so popular it's being made into a film !

Source ; BBC News.
http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-26387798
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122959 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Good grief...making Minecraft into a film? Confused

As someone who has never understood the fascination of the game, though I know its big business,

I really do not see what the film will bring to anyones life? Thinking

At least when you play the game you are responsible for building your own stuff...but looking

at that link you provided BoB, with its awful graphics...this has got to be some sort of joke surely?

*Stands back and waits for the slating*......

LOLLOLLOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 20

jonsie
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions
Got to agree @Cleoriff !
I feel sad that something like this is foisted onto a very gullible group of people. Ah well, such is life... or lack of!
Message 3 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 122959 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@jonsie  Well thanks for that...at least there are two of us standing in the 'What a load of twaddle' camp!

Mexican Wave

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Three slight_smile
Message 5 of 20

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

How is thethis  even possible?

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 6 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 122959 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@anticpated wrote:

How is the even possible?

LOLLOLLOL

Well we can only wait with great anticipation....to see how jaw droppingly brilliant it will be... (NOT!)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well the Lego movies are doing a roaring trade at the moment. Pokémon, Resident Evil, Mario Bros to name a few all turned into films.

A lot of the fans of the game make their own films, recreations of films and mini-series using the game and upload them to Facebook. I can see it doing well in a cult circuit, this game has a massive following.
Message 8 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 122959 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Anonymous  I agree it is massively popular as a game. I have family members who play it all the time.

I can also see why  films such as Mario Brothers etc are popular...

I still think its a completely different concept to making a Minecraft film (unless its a film that shows

players HOW to build things)

However, the link posted did not indicate it would be a teaching aid.. (to add to the numerous books

books available)

It stated that plans were in progress to turn a 'live action' of the game into a film....

Anyway, I am sure should it happen, that it will have some success among its own fans wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can imagine my boys will be wanting to go see it regardless of if they tart the graphics up or not. I can say it's not a film I'll relish going to see *yawn*

That said, a lot of parents are raving about how good the new Lego film is, I'm bring dragged to that on Tuesday. Crazy

Message 10 of 20