cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia? phones of the future

Anonymous
Not applicable

By way of explanation I came relatively late to having a mobile phone = my choice

A Nokia phone is what I've always had & got used to. I like my newish Nokia phone as recommended by my good mate MI5, after explaining what I need from a phone. I don't have or wish to have a landline phone only for my internet connection

I'm concerned that I'll have to become bamboozled by new IT & learn to use a touch screen phone etc

Am I panicking way too soon

Is it to soon to say what will happen Crazy

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous

New technology can be daunting but remember your in control not the technology.

Take your time and work through it in stages ,with small steps.

We are here to help and guide you and also their is a dedicated forum for fellow Nokia users.

Touchscreen phones suite some and not others who prefer qwerty keyboards.

Nokia Discussions.

http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Discussions/ct-p/Nokia_Support_Discussions
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the good advice & link to Nokia Good Idea

I've just registered on their forum Cat

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Most welcome.

Ive been a member their too for quite a number of years and find the forum generally friendly and helpful too.
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's encouraging for me BoB Thanks!

Message 5 of 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123187 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous  (I feel you and I are meeting a lot over this weekend Handshake)

However many topics you have raised have been relevant to me in some way...

Firstly, I know how old you are and I am nearly 10 years your senior. I certainly know the 'struggle'

we have to keep up with technology. Two years ago I was plodding along happily with a Motorola

phone (similar to your Nokia) ...My sons pushed me kicking and screaming, into the world of

smartphones!

I now have a Samsung S3, which I love but am in no way proficient in using. With  the help of many on

here (particularly MI5) I get by and wouldn't now go back to the old phones..

However, that's me, and you may want to stay with your Nokia. If thats what you want to do, no-one

should convince you otherwise.

(All I am saying is...if I can do it...then so can you) Thinking

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much Cleoriff for the empathy & encouragement Thanks!

I really miss my son 29 = he was soooooooooooooo patient with me as regards new IT stuff, but as said elsewhere on the forum he is busy & I don't want to pester him or make myself a nuisance = I just make myself a nuisance on the forum here wink LOL

I am genuinely trying really really hard with all this

It was MI5 who recommended my new Nokia phone, after I had answered his question of 'Tell us what you want to use the phone for & we can then help you'

I'm really not into fancy stuff = it would do my head in & I don't have the cash to pay for it all

I listen to very very little music except at the local Working Mens Club where I like to play about on their juke box

I like my movies on dvd off Amazon for various reasons

I will probably drop my SKY off in Autumntime - I really don't watch it much = I may get a new flat screen telly then = yes I have a little portable COLOUR wink tv with dvd slot at the front ..... as i say I don't have that much spare cash to play about with = its not a problem Cat Happy BUT I may only then have 5 channels which would be a bit of a bummer

BTW BandofBrothers I've ordered cheap off Amazon that film 'the Bucket' you recommended & another cheap Jack Nicholson one usually bought with it Thanks! Mexican Wave

Goodnight & God Bless

Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
WispaRed7 said "BTW BandofBrothers I've ordered cheap off Amazon that film 'the Bucket' you recommended & another cheap Jack Nicholson one usually bought with it "

Hi WispaRed7,

I'm sure you'll enjoy the film as I did.

A patient person is valuable when teaching of technology is needed.

Please don't think that your making a nuisance of yourself here. We are here to help and support all members in all subjects. I enjoy engaging in all subjects.

Take care.

slight_smile

slight_smile
Message 8 of 8