cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

News : Internet trolls face up to two years in jail under new laws.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Headline : Internet trolls face up to two years in jail under new laws.

Excerpts from the Link "Internet trolls could face up to two years in jail under new laws, Justice Secretary Chris Grayling has said."

My thoughts :

About time a sentence reflects the crime.

Such activities can affect someone's life so much in many ways including the worst case scenario.

Some people don't realise what they say / how they say it and how they treat others on forums can hurt ,and sadly some actually do !

Source : BBC News.

Read more here : Internet trolls face up to two years in jail under new laws

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thats a long time....
Ur right abiut that...
I dont agree with that much time....they should be out there catching real criminals..but than again some or many may agree with this...;)
Message 2 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good Morning @Anonymous

It's what a persons perception on what a 'real criminal' is.

The possible ramifications on what this act can do to a person is criminal IMO.

However it's not always a simple exercise to pass a sentence that fits the crime.

Something I'm sure we've all seen when seeing some media source when someone is convicted and sentenced for a certain crime, and such sentences can vary wildly.

Message 3 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah..
I know theres alot of ppl out there that do things and get away with it...
I mean i remember the time when i was coming out of the hospital and some women got pushed around and even slapped they were 2 police officers they just stood there holding the women when the guy was actually being abusive and aggressive he just drove off ...
I was really surprised..
@Anonymous
It probably depends on the officer himself wheather there in the mood to do justice or not just like when we call up O2 customer services it depends on who ur talking to and u already who if they are going to help u or not...
wink
Message 4 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's a worrying service that was adopted by those serving police officers.

They should of acted to stop the violence and even if the victim refused to press charges they do have the authority to override that ,and arrest the offender, although nowadays the paperwork generated and the time off the street can put officers off. (No Excuse though ) as any abuse wether it be emotional or physical should be dealt with vigorously.
Message 5 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yup ur right...
like my next door neighbour shes divorced and got 1 kid her ex kept sending ppl around to mess around with her and she said she would call the police or tell them and they would always come 5 minutes late...
one time she calles the police and kept talking to the trouble maker so the police can come and get him but still took too long..
they have for some reason closed down 3 police stations in my area for god knows why because someone got killed about 15 minutes away from where i live...
It really upsets me of how all of this is going on...
Message 6 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm saddened to hear that as any loss of life is sad.

We now hear stories of Twitter Bullies and Social Media bullying , even school children using texting to bully other classmates ,which the aftermath can be catastrophic.

I know this subject of Internet trolling in an emotive one but subjects like this deserve to be discussed and debated as such activities also take place on forums too.
Message 7 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
I used to give self defense classes and you would be surprised i thought alot of women would come but i had more guys who were scared or getting bullied and i had to sit down and talk to them not to use these techniques on the street or not to harm anyone..
But 1 guy came in and he would always come in early and leave at the end he couldnt do anything but still he came ..so one day i walked him to his car and was talking when he dropped a knife and i was like wòoow ..
i taught no weapons...
So i took it away from him and he said his sister kept getting hurt by her husband and if i could come around...i said u need to get the police involved he said i lost faith in them but still i took him to thw station helped him and his family out it all went to court..but i was shocked..
Message 8 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah online its getting worse which i dont like
@Anonymous
Message 9 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable