cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

News : B.T - BT warns it will increase phone bills by 6.5%

Anonymous
Not applicable

Headline :BT warns it will increase phone bills by 6.5%

"BT has warned millions of customers it is increasing its prices by up to 6.5% from December this year. It will increase the line rental for direct debit customers by 6.25% to £16.99, and the rate for calling UK landlines by 6.44%. The set-up fee for landline calls, residential calls, to the speaking clock and call return charges will also increase for some or all customers. But BT said it had added "extra money-saving options" for poorer customers."

My thoughts :

Thought I'd give a heads up on this news. I still find B.T competitive for my isp needs.

Basic Packages remain untouched. 

Source : BBC NEWS.

Read more here : http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-28902300

_72644130_bt.jpg

Message 1 of 53
52 REPLIES 52

Anonymous
Not applicable

just to say a big thanks to all of you contributors on this thread ..... as you all know I'm still a bit of a newbie'on here + very techie challenged, but learning all the time within my own limitations & getting great help all round here on O2C

..... well just wanted to say Thanks!

Message 31 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable
No worries. slight_smile

All here to help.
Message 32 of 53

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144495 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27699 Solutions
You know we are always happy to help Jane slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 33 of 53

Cleoriff
  • 123019 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

If you don't want a landline it is a pain I expect.....but I have friends in Spain that I phone a lot and the landline is much cheaper for us....

Some relatives and friends (in your neck of the woods)... have had Virgin taken out and BT put in..

However, all of us have different needs, so it isn't 'one size fits all'....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 34 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just to add I've never had anything added onto my bill without knowing and I've been with them since the days of cable London
Message 35 of 53

MI5
  • 144495 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27699 Solutions
As I have no friends anywhere, it's not an issue for me lol
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 36 of 53

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Happy to help @Anonymous 

I've had no problems with Virgin or extras addd to my bill.

Speeds remain constant with no TM.

Capture.JPG

Message 37 of 53

Cleoriff
  • 123019 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Just to add I've never had anything added onto my bill without knowing and I've been with them since the days of cable London

We were with them since NTL...and no problems...Then Virgin took over...Evil

Perhaps they thought us folk in Warwickshire wouldn't notice wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 38 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable
Same here Jonsie
Message 39 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable

but, I ask somewhat quietly ..... doesn't it all depend upon the reception you get? ..... where I live I am somewhat high up = void under house & very open both sides of property (terraced) ..... I've noticed the internet speed dropping quite recently ..... now my lad de-bugged laptop when he came over to install new table top printer & yeah I did notice a definite speeding up ..... but nowadays its much slower ..... would that be anything to do with me downloading for a few hours = I kid you not, onto C drive, I believe, World of Warcraft as advertised for free up to level 20, which is well enough for me, as far as I remember, on reaching level 20 you can, if I remember rightly, create another character ..... could this be a reason why I have slow speeds? ..... havn't played game yet, as got myself all ready & excited only to find out how do I do things as simple as move !!! ....... I just do not remember the keys for the actions as its so long ago now since I played the game with my son ..... apologies for going a bit off subject, but just to give you background info-like slight_smile

Message 40 of 53