cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

News : Apple's Broken Promises ~ Panorama Thu 18/12/14 BBC1

Anonymous
Not applicable

Headline: Apple's Broken Promises ~ Panorama.

To be aired Thursday 18/12/14 at 21:00 on BBC1.

Excerpt from the Link "Apple is the most valuable brand on the planet, making products that everyone wants - but how are its workers treated when the world isn't looking? Panorama goes undercover in China to show what life is like for the workers making the iPhone 6. And it's not just the factories. Reporter Richard Bilton travels to Indonesia to find children working in some of the most dangerous mines in the world. But is the tin they dig out by hand finding its way into Apple's products?"

Source : BBC One - Panorama. 

Link : Apple's Broken Promises ~ Panorama

Source : iPhonehacks

Link : BBC to air a documentary on working conditions in Apple’s supply chain later this week

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

DinoF
Level 12: Nimble
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Just a heads up that Apple are gonna be featured on this Thursday night's edition of Panorama:

Apple's Broken Promises

Will be interesting to see what the undercover reporter actually discovers at their factories........Smiley Surprised

Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123021 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

@DinoF wrote:

Just a heads up that Apple are gonna be featured on this Thursday night's edition of Panorama:

Apple's Broken Promises

Will be interesting to see what the undercover reporter actually discovers at their factories........Smiley Surprised

I will be watching with interest. Thanks for the heads up @DinoF wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 12

DinoF
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Thread created here mate 😄 ->

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-topic/News-Apple-s-Broken-Promises-Panorama-Thu-18-12-14-BBC1/m-p/828817

...oops - sorry, didn't spot that one Smiley Embarassed!!

Although its 'Off Topic', it might be perhaps easier to find here in the 'Apple' threads......

Message 5 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144506 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27710 Solutions
Interesting find DinoF slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 12

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi Dino,

I'm going to merge this with the previous thread on this subject in the 'Off-topic' section. The specific boards are really meant for threads where members are asking for help and advice slight_smile
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 7 of 12

DinoF
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@Toby wrote:
Hi Dino,

I'm going to merge this with the previous thread on this subject in the 'Off-topic' section. The specific boards are really meant for threads where members are asking for help and advice slight_smile

...no worries - makes sense! wink

Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

My thoughts ->

After watching tonight's Panorama episode it's evident that Apple need to further digest the findings about their suppliers and workforce, and act upon them. 

Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable