Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Man heads to the Alps to live as a goat

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

OK it was only for 72 hours but this chap called Thomas Thwaites with the aid of a exoskeleton-like goat prosthetics went to the mountain's to live as a goat. His reason was wanting to get away from the stresses of daily life and experience life as a different animal. He also has a strong interest in transhumanism. 

Full story here

Whilst I very much doubt I would every go to such extremes it's always nice to get away from it all for a few days. I try to get out to the Lake District or Wales for a few days a year to enjoy the scenery and do some walking. 

What do you guys do to get away from the daily grind? Any favourite locations or things to do when you want to get away from it all? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
eh......

Someone call the doctor
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 2 of 12

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123079 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

"As we become more like machines, wirelessly connected, we want to be animals, apparently roaming carefree"

So said the article. No I don't actually....If I tried that my family would immediately get me sectioned in the nearest mental health unit. Confused

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 12

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Haha I think sectioning is a bit strong Smiley Very Happy At least this guy only tried it for a few days. Some kind of intervention would be necessary if he decided to make the goat thing permanent! 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 4 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 123079 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Martin-O2 wrote:

Haha I think sectioning is a bit strong Smiley Very Happy At least this guy only tried it for a few days. Some kind of intervention would be necessary if he decided to make the goat thing permanent! 

No @Martin-O2 you misunderstood ....I said MY family would have ME sectioned if I tried it....(they know me you see.....and at my age they would fear the worse)....LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 12

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Haha my mistake @Cleoriff well it's probably for the best if you avoid heading for the hills in a goat suit for now then Smiley Very Happy

signature

Message 6 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 123079 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Martin-O2 wrote:

Haha my mistake @Cleoriff well it's probably for the best if you avoid heading for the hills in a goat suit for now then Smiley Very Happy

I will do my best to resist all temptation....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 12

MI5
  • 144637 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27729 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Martin-O2 wrote:

I will do my best to resist all temptation....:smileywink:

Just be careful no one tries to milk you wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did the man eat grass?

Message 9 of 12

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 10 of 12