cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT making a bid to take over 02

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey,  new customer here,  I have experienced terrible problems with BT customer service,  if 02 is taken over by them I will cease to have ANYTHING to do with 02.  BT is atrocious.

Message 1 of 64
63 REPLIES 63

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wow
So it's true I found out a bit late lol
Message 21 of 64

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144516 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27711 Solutions
Not really true at all - just perhaps and maybe they are talking to each other.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 64

iar1980
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 127 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Here are some arguments for and against BT buying o2;

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/mediatechnologyandtelecoms/telecoms/11250144/Four-re...

Current Phones: iPhone XS Max
Previous Phones: Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Pixel 2 XL, iPhone 7, HTC 10, HTC One (M8), HTC One (M7), iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 5s, HTC One A9, HTC Desire HD, Lumia 640 XL, Nokia 5800 XpressMusic
Message 23 of 64

MI5
  • 144516 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27711 Solutions

@iar1980 wrote:

Here are some arguments for and against BT buying o2;

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/mediatechnologyandtelecoms/telecoms/11250144/Four-re...

That makes interesting reading.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 24 of 64

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 25 of 64

Anonymous
Not applicable
Having been with BT for phone and broadband for almost 2 years now i would have to say things have improved from the BT of old. Technology is getting better so many faults are now self rectifying, the staff I have spoken to on the whole have been better trained.

Yes, much of their call centre system is outsourced but not all. They are a multicultural employer and many of their UK sues employ staff of many different nationalities.

It would not distress me to see BT take o2 back as I feel o2 have been the organisation to have got worse over the years both in terms of CS and service.
Message 26 of 64

Cleoriff
  • 123027 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

It was discussed on the news last night that people may well be looking for one provider to offer the complete package. Broadband,. landline and mobile phone service.

If there were some good deals to be had, I think BT may be on a winner...

I also have landline and broadband with BT. We have tried Sky and Virgin and in the end opted for BT as it provided us with the best service at a very competitive price.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 64

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

No one it seems is yet convinced about the quad service but it would put BT in a strong position.

Most people shop around for individual services for the best deals so any quad service would have to competitive in terms of both price and service.

Message 28 of 64

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not with O2 at the moment but haven't ruled out coming back in the future.  However, if O2 was owned by BT I would think twice as they are one of the worst companies I've had to deal with (Vodafone take the crown as the worst) - their customer service is poor,  the services they provide aren't as good as other companies and the service when things go wrong leaves a lot to be desired.

Message 29 of 64

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 30 of 64