Did you mean: 

22 Problems Only Call Centre Workers Will Understand

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

22 Problems Only Call Centre Workers Will Understand

An insight into the life of a call centre worker....

Having worked 3 years in the O2 call centre and 3 years in the RBS call centre (concurrent sentences!) I remember only too well all of the problems and frustrations linked above which are written with humour and tonge-in-cheek.

The top 5 are particularly true and call centre workers need a good sense of humour, great patience and a very thick skin. Having said that, overall enjoyed my time in the firing line and spoke to many more nice people than ignorant people (working in a credit card call centre on night shift was possibly the other way round!)

Have a read and hopefully a chuckle!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

So true @jonsie 

I have done a stint in a Call-Centre but not for the length of time you have !

After my experience I was Crazy

Yes people can lose focus and lets say 'rant' Destroy

Message 2 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 123423 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7477 Solutions

@jonsie  Brilliant!. Made me laugh (and bless the fact I never worked in a call centre) Crazy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 7

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Inbound aren't so bad, it's those random outbound calls that irk me.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not something I could do
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

That brings back memories - ones I've been trying to bury for for the last 15 years!  I worked in a call centre and only lasted just over a year as it nearly drove me to a breakdown as I couldn't cope with the pressure from managers.  Being told I had to give notice if I needed leave when my Dad was dying didn't help (and being told it would do me good to go to work the day he died) and the final straw was when I was accused of stealing (which I wouldn't dream of doing) and I walked out.

I did have some laughs but they were very few and far between.

Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm a sucker for a good bit of hold music so can relate to the first one stragiht off haha. I quite like Carphone Warehouses hold music, very eclectic LOL

It does take a certain kind of person to be able to cope with the call center environment, my other half wouldn't last 2 minutes before walking out.

For the most part I genuinely love it, I've spoken to people so lovely I've cried after (reluctantly) finishing talking to them, equally I've spoken to some not very nice people, but the good far far outweigh the bad.

I think the work place helps, I work within an fab department with amazing people, not sure how much I'd enjoy it without them.

Call center problems on Facebook is a very funny and relatable page as well.

Message 7 of 7