Did you mean: 

Enabling WiFi calling following move to O2 from Virgin mobile

CN1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 14 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there,

I’ve always used WiFi calling at home as the reception here is rubbish. My contract moved to O2 on Monday (but my phone payments are still going to Virgin, I believe). WiFi calling is not enabled any more and the message tells me to go to MyO2 to enable it. I’m supposed to access ‘Device details’ or some such. However, this isn’t available in my menu. Can anyone advise how I can simply re-enable WiFi calling, please? Bit annoyed about this, to be honest…!

Thanks!

Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12148 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1129 Solutions

While the title might not seem relevant @CN1 , the original poster in this thread has a similar problem:

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Tech-Support/Cannot-connect-to-any-network-in-the-US-despite-O2-travel... 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 41

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145069 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@CN1 

We have asked O2 a number of times for info on how to do this on the new 360 system, but so far no response.

I guess they messed it up and forgot to do it.

@ColinO2 @Breanna @Martin-O2 can we please have some feedback?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 3 of 41

Breanna
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Hey @MI5 I have flagged this over to the team this morning and will let you know what we hear back.

Message 4 of 41

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145069 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@Breanna 

Thanks for that but the initial request was weeks ago and we've still heard nothing back.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 5 of 41

CN1
  • 14 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have just been told (having finally managed to get through on online chat) that I have to go to my local O2 store to get this resolved. This was after resetting the network, restarting the device on numerous occasions and me informing the agent that lots of people on the O2 Community are experiencing the same issue. And this is an account that was migrated to O2 from Virgin without any active choice from our end... I've pointed out that visiting an O2 store is actually really inconvenient for me at the moment. I've also asked why they will be better placed to solve the issue than someone on the online chat or a supervisor. I've asked for the issue to be escalated but I'm not sure the agent is bothered!!

Message 6 of 41

CN1
  • 14 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am still on the online chat, asking if O2 acknowledges that this is really inconvenient...

Message 7 of 41

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12148 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1129 Solutions

Sorry to burst that bubble @CN1 but I very much doubt your local store will be able to do anything either.

The steps to get this working (normally) are:

-customer services activates it on your account

-you activate it in your My o2

-turn it on in your phone's settings

Try calling customer services (don't rely on live chat, my 10year old daughter would be more help).

Either 202 from your pay monthly phone, preferably at 8am, or 0344 809 0202 or 0800 032 1402 from another phone at the same time.

The 0800 number you can call for free using Skype - Guide: A Guide to Skype 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 8 of 41

CN1
  • 14 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you. The agent says that it is already enabled on my account. I'm apparently being transferred to a manager to escalate. I just want them to acknowledge that there is a problem and fix it!!

Message 9 of 41

CN1
  • 14 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Do you happen to know where I can activate it in myO2, please, @gmarkj?

Message 10 of 41