Did you mean: 

Watch airtime cancelation

Aaron_K
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi 
I’ve been struggling to cancel my old airtime plan for over a year now. Despite multiple attempts, including two tariff changes, it still remains active, almost like a recurring nightmare on each bill.

This ordeal began when I purchased an Apple Watch as a gift for my son. Attempting to pair it with an iPhone 6 led to discovering that O2 didn’t support family instalment plans for the watch on that particular iPhone anymore. Consequently, I ended up with two SIM plans, each with its own airtime plan.

Recently, I bought an Apple Watch for myself, hoping it might provide a solution. However, I now find myself with two active airtime plans and no clear way to cancel the old one.

It’s disheartening that a company of this stature can discontinue a feature without providing a straightforward resolution. I’m simply looking to cancel the old airtime plan, not the SIM plan or the new airtime plan. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Aaron_K
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I want to continue using O2; cancelling isn’t what I aim for. However, I have an 18-month contract, and leaving prematurely incurs a penalty. Despite multiple attempts by O2 to switch my tariff, the issue remains unsolved. I’ve contacted customer service numerous times to resolve this simple matter, but they’ve been unable to assist. It seems bizarre that I can add a feature optionally, yet cancelling it separately isn’t an option. I’m puzzled by this aspect and find it quite absurd. I hope they can address this with better software development or product design.

Message 3 of 3