Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access account

RC1950
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

An employee set up a family and friends account adding 3 of my phones (employees) and her own + an ipad for herself. I pay for all items, stupidly I did not know I was paying for hers.  She has left my employment and is refusing to answer my calls etc.  My problem is I have been into an O2 shop, called them and emailed them but they will not engage with me as I am not the account holder I only pay the bills.  The phones need to be upgraded and the lady's phone and ipad need to be paid by he,  but I cannot get access to the account.  The conversation with O2 was not helpful other than to tell me if I cancel the direct debit, they will keep billing me anyway.  I have tried cancelling the contracts but they again refuse to speak to me.  Any ideas would be much appreciated.  I'm 73, very hard of hearing and completely in the dark with tech sadly.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10229 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3013 Solutions

@RC1950 

You are going to be stuck, as the accounts are not in your name.  and if the person who set up the account is not answering the phone to you, then it may be time to look into legal remedies. 

Cancelling the Direct Debits, is not a good idea, as they will cut off all the lines..

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144643 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions

@RC1950 

As you are not the account holder, just stop paying the bills.

O2 will go after the named account holder, not you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

RC1950
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you to both replies.  The lady kindly put everything in my name, and linked her ipad and phone to the other accounts so I only ever saw 3 payments when 5 were being made.  I find it really difficult to believe O2 will not help me at all and that I am stuck paying for someone elses phone and ipad and I cannot cancel the other 3 phones and buy new ones.  Don't get old people 😞 

Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144643 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions

@RC1950 

You said the accounts were not in your name, just the bills, so follow my tip above and stop paying.

It's the account holder that will suffer, not you.

You can then start new contracts in your own name and manage them yourself.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5