Repeated texts sent to my device

scubby
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello

TL;DR:

ISSUE: My Oppo A94 5G mobile keeps re-sending the SAME texts from anyone who texts me ... several times, repeatedly over days... I have poor reception (-119dBm), but the OFCOM checker says my area is best for indoors and out 4G on o2! so I got an o2 phone and contract.

Full Story:

I got this phone due to OFCOM saying o2 was best for indoors and out on 4G, my sister comes on EE and gets full signal everywhere and no repeated texts, her signal strength was -90dBm!

I've contacted o2 a few times via "email/contact us" about this issue and they say nothing is wrong, yet the contact I spoke to on the phone said she can see that texts from my Amazon order came through several times across 2 days - upon research, I found out that if your provider is unsure your device received the text, it will keep resending and re-sending to be sure...

now I bought the Oppo A94 5G from the o2 store on contract, after the problems I did a check on the masts, and there was an issue, it said "We will update you by email", the mast was repaired and I didn't receive the email either, I found out by checking. and I was getting texts months before that saying they are working in my area to improve things, well it got worse.

Iam at the end of my tether with it - my phone beeping every now and then, sometimes twice in one go, beeping all the time with the same texts coming in repeatedly.

can someone that works at o2 check my message history and you will see it

thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10288 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3024 Solutions

@scubby 

Did you port the number in from another network? 

As this is a symptom of the original network forwarding the message twice, so you will need to contact o2 and ask them to liase with the donor network.

Best to call on 202 from your o2 phone or 0344 809 0202

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 4

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

@scubby It appears you have a device which has been affected by a known issue with the MediaTek chipset. You can see @Chris_K's full explanation of that here.

Message 3 of 4

scubby
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I don't know if it's related, but it seemed to only happen after the upgrade to Android 13, but I can't be 100% sure.

when are we expecting fixes?

thanks

Message 4 of 4