cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

weekend payment?

Anonymous
Not applicable

my phone bill is due out today(saturday)
will it go out monday? if so can i go in the bank monday morning and put the money in, which will go in immediately.

also will they cut me off? or charge me?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ring O2 on 202 And speak to the agent to see what can be achieved for you.

Also your bank if
You wish for peace of Mind.
Message 11 of 13

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

Some banks (RBS/Natwest in particular) will show anything due in or out during or on the day after a weekend on the first day of the weekend (normally Saturday excepting bank holidays). So if something was due in or out on Saturday, Sunday or Monday it would show up on Saturday but with Monday's date. This can be a good thing for payments going in as you can get at them earlier

Most will show it up on the Monday though (or late on the Sunday).

The grace period that MI5 mentioned until 4pm is the case for Santander but the time varies for other banks and not all banks offer it, although I believe that is due to change soon

EDIT actually it changes from Monday with most major banks offering a grace period. Details on individual policies at http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/banking/2014/08/payment-bounced-youll-soon-have-a-second-chanc...

Message 12 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous IF your direct debit did fail and you were unable to get the $ into your account in time, it is easily resolved. Just call CS on 202 on Monday from your o2 phone and pay by debit card. You wouldn't get cut off and by making the payment on the day it is due there would be no issue with your payment profile.

Note If you have a refresh contract you may have to make two separate payments in which case i would recommend speaking to CS instead of using the automated payment line for your peace of mind.

Just giving you extra options to save you worrying and stressing out.
Message 13 of 13