cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrading local phone mast

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys just wondeing if I can get your thoughts on my nearest o2 mast. Where I live I get brilliant 2g recpetion indoor and outdoor, however 3g is really poor and can only get outside. When i put the post code were the masts is it still says only outdoors the post code of the mast is PE6 0TX. So I think the mast is 3g enabled but may not be very strong?  I have recently had a search on my council planning permission site and can see a recent request to replace some stuff on the mast the link is http://planpa.peterborough.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=externalDocume... Could this be to upgrade it to improve the 3g and possibly the chance to get 3g indoors or even 4g what do you guys think? Be good if even a mod could confirm this?? Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 70
69 REPLIES 69

Anonymous
Not applicable

On a postive thought tho i cant imagine anything you cant stream with a 12 meg  connection which is what i would mostly be using my 4g connection for like sky go etc shud provide at max quality.

Message 31 of 70

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes it certainly comes into it's own for that.

I'm on Payg 2Gb of Data so I have to be wary.
Message 32 of 70

Anonymous
Not applicable
12mbs argh here in the South West we can dream. In most places we have a 2g signal where even email struggles.

I think we get electricity here one day soon then who knows 😆😆😆
Message 33 of 70

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a 5gb allowance and coming from unlimited with three so have to keep a eye on it cant imagine using more than 5gb just out and about.

Message 34 of 70

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Yes it certainly copies with streaming provided the source isn't overloaded.

@Anonymous  coming to you gradually I think Nick. You just have to frequent that 5 mile stretch you found.  Smiley Frustrated

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 35 of 70

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey @Anonymous do you have running water and flushing toilets yet !

Joking aside I hope things get better mate.
Message 36 of 70

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144883 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
Three cap their data speeds on 3g and 4g so it's a more even of speed for all users.
O2 seem to favour a free for all approach.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 37 of 70

Anonymous
Not applicable

always suspected that they had some sort of traffic management system in place as well. Thats probably why o2 dont have unlimited to try and stop congestion which in a way is a good thing. I hear of so many people on three using tethering as there main internet connection at home use to anyway until the put the allowance on. 

Message 38 of 70

Anonymous
Not applicable
We do suspect the O2 Network is currently suffering from mast congestion as they upgrade the Network, going by the number of recent posts.
Message 39 of 70

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144883 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
Congestion is a big issue for O2 3g currently but should not be such an issue with 4g technology.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 40 of 70