Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unlimited data and unfair usage policy!

SteveDM
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there - hope someone can shed some light on this matter.

I just got an unlimited data plan with O2, coming from Three, who unfortunately started having mast issues in my area, but was more than happy with them, and their unlimited data is 'truly' unlimited, no limits, no reducing speed. At least that is what I've been told. Anyway, to get to the point, after reading the T&Cs, I realised that perhaps the O2 plan I was on might not be right for me, as the sim was for my ipad, and would be streaming video on it. So phoned to cancel, still within 14 days, and after explaining that the policy clearly states about going above 650GB a month and having speeds throttled etc, I was told that my plan says I can use up to 5 TB a month!  

This has now been confirmed to me by a few people, and I've put in a 'complaint' to get to the bottom of this, but has anyone else heard of this? 

Many thanks

Steve

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6607 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

Who said 5TB? Seems a strange figure to bandy about, and knowing O2's capacity issues in many areas, unlikely.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10180 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@SteveDM 

The terms are quite clear on the data limit of Unlimited data plans, and not once have I seen 5TB banded around (apart from Enterprise Data buckets)

madasaf1sh_0-1702497309446.png

https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/unlimited-tariff-terms

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 6

SteveDM
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the replies. I find it very odd. As I said, I was told by someone at O2 about the 5TB allowance - I asked to speak with a supervisor about it, and he also confirmed it to me. He in fact called me back today, and said he was on my side because it clearly says on my account that I have a 5TB allowance. When I asked him where on my account I could see that, his reply was that it's only on their screens.  I can't imagine for one moment that he would be making any of this up. He has escalated this to the complaints department, and I will get a call back within 5 working days, so will keep you posted as to what exactly this means.

Thanks

STeve

Message 4 of 6

Jamiebellarebel
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I also have 5TB per month after moving from Virgin - I put it down to my constant monthly data rollover that I never used (100GB for almost 5 years) as soon as the switch happened I have 5TB per month to use - my data plan is Unlimited 30D for £14 (this included an £11 virgin loyalty discount applied after 20 years of being a customer) My overall lack of service  and lack of customer service since the migration has been very frustrating and disappointing, mostly due to lack of communication.  There’s too

much jargon and redirection going on with the UX

Message 5 of 6

Oxonian
  • 5684 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Jamiebellarebel wrote:

I also have 5TB per month after moving from Virgin - I put it down to my constant monthly data rollover that I never used (100GB for almost 5 years) as soon as the switch happened I have 5TB per month to use - my data plan is Unlimited 30D for £14 (this included an £11 virgin loyalty discount applied after 20 years of being a customer) My overall lack of service  and lack of customer service since the migration has been very frustrating and disappointing, mostly due to lack of communication.  There’s too

much jargon and redirection going on with the UX

@Jamiebellarebel 

I wonder if you are conflating your data allowance with your data roll-over ?

Do you have 5TB per month, or a one-off 5TB created by rolling-over unused data ? 

Message 6 of 6