cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

samsung s3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ive just upgraded to a samsung s3 ive connected to my sky router to my wifi on phone and turned off mobile data but when i go on internet its using up my contract mb can anyone help please.

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

It will have used a tiny amount before you went onto wifi honestly 48kb is nothing at all now you have it switched off it wont use any until you switch it back on again

Message 6 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have completely turned off mobile data it cant be using your allowance are you sure this is not being used elsewhere

Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got phone today and have unticked the mobile data box and it says my wifi connected when i put in password just wondered if i need to do something else this is the first smart phone ive had .

Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

No that is all you need to do to get it using your wifi and not your data allowance what makes you say its used some?

Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

when i checked on my 02 account for something else i noticed it said i have used 47.80kb but i set up wifi before i went on internet so found it strange that it had used any ?

Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

It will have used a tiny amount before you went onto wifi honestly 48kb is nothing at all now you have it switched off it wont use any until you switch it back on again

Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh thanks very much for your help much appriciated .

Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your welcome thats what we are here for enjoy your phone:smileyhappy:

Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

slight_smile

Message 9 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145053 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
48kb is like one text message. Do you have a data allowance available to use?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 10 of 11