Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s24 ultra upgrade ?

Dino1968
Level 4: Observant
  • 81 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I am on the s23 ultra its working great apart from a small crack in the screen annoyingly caused by myself last year. So for that reason alone I am thinking should I upgrade or not. s24 ultra has been pushed hard in the media - and some decent deals going with O2 ... Wonder what others think - is the upgrade worth it ? Im out of contract almost as just 1 more payment on my o2 samsung to go ... interested in what others think upgrade or wait it out for the s25 whatever it will be ) cheers. D.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36456 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1621 Solutions

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6325 Posts
  • 112 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Dino1968 

A couple of points to think about :-

1. can you get your S23 Ultra repaired under any insurance policy including your home insurance or similar ? 

2. is the upgrade worth the cost, bearing in mind that the crack in the screen would inevitably hit your handset's trade-in value ? 

My personal view is that, unless you are a 'phone enthusiast, the incremental updates from one year to the next are not worth the cost of the upgrade. But it's your money and your decision ! 

Please let us know what you decide ! 👍 

Message 3 of 5

Dino1968
Level 4: Observant
  • 81 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi yeah I am aware the crack on the screen although small does pretty much wipe out the value of any trade in alas. Im not a total phone enthusiast but do use my phone a lot for work - and travel. And I would agree year on year upgrades are now always worth it. If it was not for the screen crack I probably would not even consider upgrading. And im not into the AI features on the 24Ultra which seem more of a gimmick to me.

Screen replacement runs me at around £300 quid 😉 maybe go for that instead.

cheers for your reply ) D.

Message 4 of 5

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6325 Posts
  • 112 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Dino1968 

I spotted this earlier today :-

Why You Should Upgrade Your iPhone Less Often (howtogeek.com)

https://www.howtogeek.com/why-you-should-upgrade-your-iphone-less-often/

Similar considerations will apply to Android handsets. 

Very much a matter of personal choice ! 😀

Message 5 of 5